Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 08:45 PM
Fire Giant

I hate to fall for the bate of a perfect plan. But they put solar panels in germany and it worked pretty well. The government rewarded people who bought them and then they paid for themselves. Also they put grass on their buildings to lower the temperature of all the concrete in cities and that worked too. I think solar panels run out eventually but not for a while.

I just don't think we should get rid of all the gasoline yet. Or harvest natural gas from our sewers and its cleaner.
Last edited by A Knight; 01-23-2021 at 08:51 PM..
Old 01-23-2021, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

I live in a costal so cal city, or am from there anyway, and when I was young smog was a real prolbem, and the ocen was a nice shade of blue/green all year long.

Then they like, really pushed the green lifestyle to peopel out here, better or worse.

What I can say with absolute confidence as I look at the DEEP blue ocean, with nary a hint of smog. That you can make the world a better, cleaner, more beautiful and fun place to live in, and still own a Silverado your whole life.

But it does take work.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:23 PM
Fire Giant

Indeed
Old 01-23-2021, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I live in a costal so cal city, or am from there anyway, and when I was young smog was a real prolbem, and the ocen was a nice shade of blue/green all year long.

Then they like, really pushed the green lifestyle to peopel out here, better or worse.

What I can say with absolute confidence as I look at the DEEP blue ocean, with nary a hint of smog. That you can make the world a better, cleaner, more beautiful and fun place to live in, and still own a Silverado your whole life.

But it does take work.
i remember smog too. we used to get it in Vegas, even tho it's wildly windy most of the time. Remember coming down the pass into San Bernardino and visibility suddenly dropped. Even LA is pretty clear nowadays except in fire season.

I think it was just those catalytic converter thingies and exhaust tech developments that did it, right? It can't be that our collective gas mileage dropped that much. From my pov, I'm pretty sure it didn't take anyone (in America) work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] just more printed ducats to pay Mexicans and Japanese with
Old 01-23-2021, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

computerized fuel management is mostly what did it, it was going to happen whether the government raped us for our change or not
Old 01-24-2021, 07:27 AM
Orc

You think it is wise to have a pipe line running through millions of people's drinking water, the Ogallala aquifer, which also supplies water to millions of farms in the midwest? Just so the Canadians can get rich? What if there is a leak and the aquifer gets contaminated? There's no cleaning that up if there's a leak. It would be a disaster that would dwarf BP. Having clean drinking water is a luxury we take for granted in the States. Go to a third world country where you risk death or serious illness for getting a drink.

Nuclear power presents it's own problems (like disposing of the waste for one). Nuclear waste has a half life of tens of thousands of years.

Solar is definitely promising. I can't believe how far solar technology has come in my life time.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:09 AM
Banned

Fire nuclear waste into the sun.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fire nuclear waste into the sun.
What happens when the rockets explode on launch?
Old 01-24-2021, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You think it is wise to have a pipe line running through millions of people's drinking water, the Ogallala aquifer, which also supplies water to millions of farms in the midwest? Just so the Canadians can get rich? What if there is a leak and the aquifer gets contaminated? There's no cleaning that up if there's a leak. It would be a disaster that would dwarf BP. Having clean drinking water is a luxury we take for granted in the States. Go to a third world country where you risk death or serious illness for getting a drink.

Nuclear power presents it's own problems (like disposing of the waste for one). Nuclear waste has a half life of tens of thousands of years.

Solar is definitely promising. I can't believe how far solar technology has come in my life time.
make elon useful, ship nuclear waste into the sun. I'm pretty sure that's one of the very few equations where the weight/fuel math works out wildly well.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Iron is bad for the sun. Don't do that.
Closed Thread