Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Well enchanter/cleric is actually not too bad at low levels on both blue and green now. the enchanter mainly is there for the animation damage/haste/mana regen the cleric can tank/heal and use a cheap/high DPS weapon like poison wind censer. Even melee classes don't get double attack until 15-20.

For pure kill speed effectiveness, I've always really liked the necro/enchanter combo. Easily the fastest killing combo in the game if you stay in undead areas. Though I think it should be noted that the enchanter is a high burnout class which you might want to avoid for that reason alone. And this duo also makes the nec into a bit of an enchanter themselves so they too can get burnt out on it. However you don't have to push the limits all the time via charming and can simply chill out with some fear kiting when you get burnt on charming or ench can just slow with animation and you just ride the pets DPS.

Necro/shaman is also quite good. While shaman are pretty limited at lower levels much like the cleric above you can simply just melee with a high DPS weapon. Again, like with enchanter, it's especially strong in undead heavy areas once charming starts to become more viable.

Necro/necro certainly works quite well but you both are going to generally be wanting the same items and you might get a bit bored with double dipping on same class.
Old 01-22-2021, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

You need a healer and a tank, from there you can do just about anything
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-22-2021, 08:25 PM
Decaying Skeleton

My husband is a necro and I am a druid and that is a fun combo. Snare and fear, and DoTs are a good time.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:45 PM
Kobold

Sister and I did Monk/Shaman duo to 40, earned enough plat to lightly twink ourselves and just started grouping in City of Mist and we've greatly enjoyed the process thus far. We're already planning on leveling Cleric/Enchanter next and hopefully many more.
Old 01-23-2021, 12:37 AM
Fire Giant

SK/Sham is a great combo from my personal experiences. I remember back in the day duoing with my SK bud. We would run Sebilis for plat. Between slow and snare there wasn't much we couldn't camp.

This was during PoP though so we had better gear than classic EQ. Having the clicky iksar cudgel helped whenever focus dropped off and I couldnt afford a rebuff.
Last edited by Nocht; 01-23-2021 at 12:41 AM..
Old 01-23-2021, 02:30 AM
Planar Protector

Let your wife play whatever she wants and then you pick something to go with it.. most likely you will be picking Enc or Shaman.. maybe necro.
Old 01-23-2021, 05:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let your wife play whatever she wants and then you pick something to go with it.. most likely you will be picking Enc or Shaman.. maybe necro.
Solid advice there, exactly what I was going to say.

How capable of a player could your wife be if she really got into a class? Is she the type of person that could delve into a higher skill-cap class and play it well or would she be more comfortable (and have a more enjoyable time) on something simple? The two (very different) options for simple but strong imo would be cleric or monk for her.

I know its a dead, beaten horse...but if you're keen on enchanter and she wants a nice easy time...there is really no reason not to try enchanter + cleric. She will feel super strong with you and won't just be a pet-CH bot. Cleric stuns on charm breaks, roots, etc all help out along the way but you will be doing the heavy lifting. You could also pair enchanter with druid, necro, or shaman but it will never match the cleric in strength.

If she liked the idea of melee dps, try to talk her into a monk. You can play shaman and do most of the busy stuff and let her do the smacky smacky thing. Both Iksar, start at same spot...run a character over full of starting gear and hit the ground running.

With all that said, best thing is to let her decide on a class and pick the best possible duo to go alongside her. Happy wife = happy life.
Last edited by Toxigen; 01-23-2021 at 05:52 AM..
Old 01-23-2021, 09:18 AM
Sarnak

I’d recommend Shammy/Necro duo. Can be very powerful and you cover each others weak spots. There are some DoT overlaps at certain points but overall very nice combo.
Old 01-23-2021, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

Just my guess, but if you want your wife to stick around in Norrath, I would have her read through each class description on the wiki, look at the spells and abilities below the descriptions, and let her choose whatever class she’s in to. Then you can pick a complementary class. If you pick a class for her and she’s not invested, she’s not going to stick around.

Any two classes work fine at lower levels. In some cases synergy doesn’t really become a thing until the 20’s. Keep in mind the problem with rogues, warriors, and somewhat with monks, is they have limited buttons to use and can become tedious for some people.

The most important thing to keep her playing is to have a character that she is invested in from the start. One button wonders in 2021 probably won’t fill that gap.

Best of luck to you guys.
Old 01-23-2021, 12:31 PM
Banned

Having two wives has many benefits but don’t let them conspire against you.
Closed Thread