Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 12:57 AM
Aviak

Default Dumb Noob Question

Is there a level requirement to complete the mage focus item quests? The wiki says 33 is the minimum level, but I'm sure I've seen other lower level mages rocking the items.

Thank you
Old 07-07-2019, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

Only epics have specific level requirements to turn in. Other than that, its just if you can zone into related zones and have faction.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:33 AM
Aviak

Thank you! I'll start gathering the stuff up!
Old 07-07-2019, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzbiscuits [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a level requirement to complete the mage focus item quests? The wiki says 33 is the minimum level, but I'm sure I've seen other lower level mages rocking the items.

Thank you
33 is the recommended level to be able to complete the quest by yourself. However if you look at the items themselves (eg. Broom of Trilon) you'll see that they can be used starting at level 20.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-07-2019, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

While I think Loramin is right in terms of Lv 20 is the min level for the click/reclaim function, I’m pretty sure the pet focus effect works right out of the gate. I’d recommend getting at least the torch asap so you get the extra beefy fire pet.
Old 07-07-2019, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuurin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I think Loramin is right in terms of Lv 20 is the min level for the click/reclaim function, I’m pretty sure the pet focus effect works right out of the gate. I’d recommend getting at least the torch asap so you get the extra beefy fire pet.
Sorry yeah, I was referring to the reclaim part.

As for the focus effect ... well, I'm not a mage player, so I'll defer to Tuurin, but I will say that the wiki could use a http://wiki.project1999.com/Focus_Effects page that "definitively" explains how they work, at what level, etc. ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

I'll confirm that the focus portion of the items works on level 4 pets onward to 49. Just have it in your hand and look for the message "item glows" in your hand. The lvl 4 pet will look larger too.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:42 AM
Aviak

Ty all!
Closed Thread