Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littul Jonn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right, the AM + Aegis didn't go for it with 4 Guards and perhaps we coukd have. Something to learn for the next time.

The greater issue im getting at here is just my personal dissatisfaction with two mega guilds competing for stuff instead of allowing several smaller guilds to be able to compete.

Without rooted dragons, a larger number of guilds could compete because you only needed a few key players and classes and a little luck with spawns. Now you need a lot of time (to clear to the mob) and players ( to kill mob + adds).

Not all guilds have access to those resources and with player numbers dropping it will lead to less actual competition, in my opinion.

Ah, I see. To be fair, this still has a more classic feel to it though. On my server on live, there were really only two contenders for Velious raid targets, and they were quite large.

There are targets smaller guilds could compete for too. For example, Kittens, could FTE and kill a Statue or Tormax or Dain if they parked out there ready to go.

The problem isn't really the difficulty of the targets themselves, so much as it is you need to keep your character there and ready to go in case one of them spawns, and you need people willing to wait all day for a chance to race for them. Multiple raid-ready 60's is a luxury very few guilds have.

I guess my point is rooted dragons does hurt smaller guilds' ability to compete, but there are other very valid reasons they're not doing so as well.
Old 08-18-2019, 05:21 PM
Aviak

Still, even if it meant you could kill dragons with fewer people, the whole concept of pulling dragons to ToV zone in is silly. Zone line pulls are quite ridiculous really... Statue, Tormax, Vulak..
Old 08-18-2019, 05:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grats on vulak and vox
Vox?

You mean train simulator 2019?
Old 08-18-2019, 08:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littul Jonn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The greater issue im getting at here is just my personal dissatisfaction with two mega guilds competing for stuff instead of allowing several smaller guilds to be able to compete.
PS/Core/AG sat and watched AM dominate for months with their 100+ force grabbing 90% of the content.

Having 2 mega guilds is a shit load better than AM vs many small guilds working against each other.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
a few key players and classes and a little luck

Quote:
with player numbers dropping
Looks like you might be getting what you want soon. Perhaps when server pop is around 600 on a repop weekend then the GMs will not see reason to root the dragons anymore. Just a few guys can pull to zone in, get pixels. It's just too hard to do the game now that people know you can shortcut it for maximum gainz.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:51 PM
Banned

And that it went on like that for years. Forget real classic, pulling to the zone in is classic P99 and has been for players who never did original EQ.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
real classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
classic P99
What kind of classic do people want?
Old 08-18-2019, 10:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grats on vulak and vox
Yeah, guess you guys were sleeping or BBQing for all the other kills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vox?

You mean train simulator 2019?
Pretty sure every guild on the server was there to help out on that one.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PS/Core/AG sat and watched AM dominate for months with their 100+ force grabbing 90% of the content.
And in the final few cycles AG got into ToV after building up the coth mages and force, and we did well for ourselves as a casual-leaning guild. Then meta changed and, as a casual leaning guild, we quickly learned the new meta is not easily done casually.

Who knows how things would've shaken out if rooting didn't happen? At first I liked rooted dragons, now I don't. Its an exclusive club now, one I do not want to be in. All the dragons take twice as many players attempting it than needed, even with them being over-tuned.

<Gravity>
Old 08-18-2019, 11:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What kind of classic do people want?
classic p99 is how EQ would play if it came out recently. that's bad.

shutup blake
Closed Thread