Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

For all the newer or lower people doing solo pally or solo SK run, don't sleep on befallen. Earlier floors can be crowded but you can carve out a corner on the bottom floor and it is fast and easy XP, especially with a ghoul bane. that proc takes out 2/3rds of a lot of the skeletons on the second and third floor
Old 05-30-2019, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For all the newer or lower people doing solo pally or solo SK run, don't sleep on befallen. Earlier floors can be crowded but you can carve out a corner on the bottom floor and it is fast and easy XP, especially with a ghoul bane. that proc takes out 2/3rds of a lot of the skeletons on the second and third floor
Ghoulbane doesn’t proc until lvl 20. Basically everything is green at 20 in befallen. Would be a stretch to hit 22 down there.

Paladins aren’t that great at killing undead, not sure why everyone thinks so. Unless maybe you’re sporting a dawncaller. Their nukes aren’t generally worth casting in combat either.

Best pally solo guide is to seek out mobs with as little hp as possible due to their low dps. Kunark goblins, brutes, yetis, etc.
Last edited by Crede; 05-30-2019 at 03:35 PM..
Old 05-30-2019, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ghoulbane doesn’t proc until lvl 20. Basically everything is green at 20 in befallen. Would be a stretch to hit 22 down there.

Paladins aren’t that great at killing undead, not sure why everyone thinks so. Unless maybe you’re sporting a dawncaller. Their nukes aren’t generally worth casting in combat either.

Best pally solo guide is to seek out mobs with as little hp as possible due to their low dps. Kunark goblins, brutes, yetis, etc.
I agree, pally DPS is crap and lower HP mobs are def prime targets. I did however have lots of success in befallen hunting everything. third floor has several mobs level 16-20.

been a minute since my pally was that low though.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

I hit Unrest like lvl 18 and stayed there til 40
Sol A to 45 (gnomes)
Grobb guards 45-54
HHK 54+

Throw in a bit of Seb/velks when the schedule allowed.
Old 05-30-2019, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladins aren’t that great at killing undead, not sure why everyone thinks so.
This persists due to lingering obsolete perceptions. When it's pre-expansion and everyone's level 30, the Paladin has a Ghoulbane and the other melees are using Obsidian Scimitars or similar junk--in those conditions, the Paladin's good against undead. In the modern PP99 setting where people can buy good Kunark/Velious weapons for a pittance Paladins are nothing special versus undead.

This same tendency affects other issues as well and is probably some characteristic of the human psyche. Perhaps folks have an ingrained tendency to want to maintain an opinion once formed regardless of later changes.

Danth
Old 05-30-2019, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Often undead don't run which is nice without a snare. Invis vs undead is a fairly nice tool as is the undead nukes (but I stopped using those past unrest).

Yea life changes a lot past level 45. The DW helm is the new Ghoulbane, assuming you don't have a Dawnfire weapon from NTOV. Now, If only Holyforge didn't suck...
Old 05-30-2019, 09:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I have a erudite paladin I did the following
1-5 Paineel Newbie Yard
5-30 The Warrens, xp slows down a lot at 28, but you can make serious cash here.
30-40 SolA
30-35 Kobold Predator to Kindle Cave
35-40 Bar

40 bored out of my mind, but will come back and try lguk
Old 05-31-2019, 06:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who did you take it from?
+1! :-)
Old 05-31-2019, 08:57 AM
Planar Protector

I remember ghoulbane still being viable in the 40s in lguk but that's probably bc options were so limited back then like danth said
Old 05-31-2019, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by demokatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1! :-)
Thank Mithaniel Marr someone got it
Closed Thread