Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 05:38 AM
Sarnak

I found a 43 necro on allak who claims to have soloed it.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:20 AM
Fire Giant

It's official... Any character I play in this game is cursed.

I decided to run my 55 Necro over to the island before sending my Druid over. I loaded up my spells with Minion of Shadows (Rogue Pet), Cascading Darkness, Invoke Fear, Splurt and Plague. My pet killed about 4 Aqua Goblin Sacrifice before Allizewsaur appeared.

I took him on once before switching to my Invoke Death (Warrior Pet) because my Rogue Pet was getting slapped around hardcore. Warrior Pet worked better but the second and third time I fought him, I kept getting a lot of "Your spell is interrupted" or "Your target resisted the Cascading Darkness spell." I barely survived the second fight and he killed me on the third fight. During the third fight, Allizewsaur resisted at least half of the spells I threw at him and if he ignored my pet and went after me. I got stunned without him even hitting me...

[Sat Jul 27 21:41:59 2019] Allizewsaur tries to hit YOU, but misses!
[Sat Jul 27 21:41:59 2019] You are stunned!

I also had the problems with the Fear spells with Allizewsaur just running into the water and if I tried to cast any other spells. I would just get told that he was out of range and would lose mana.

I'm all ears if anyone knows any better ways of fighting Allizewsaur with a Necro and not having all these problems?
Old 07-28-2019, 12:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mcoy is camped on the docks in OOT so worst case I can run over and toss you a rez.

-Mcoy
Worse case happened and will be needing that rez. I dragged the corpse over to the docks in OOT already...
Old 07-28-2019, 12:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's official... Any character I play in this game is cursed.

I decided to run my 55 Necro over to the island before sending my Druid over. I loaded up my spells with Minion of Shadows (Rogue Pet), Cascading Darkness, Invoke Fear, Splurt and Plague. My pet killed about 4 Aqua Goblin Sacrifice before Allizewsaur appeared.

I took him on once before switching to my Invoke Death (Warrior Pet) because my Rogue Pet was getting slapped around hardcore. Warrior Pet worked better but the second and third time I fought him, I kept getting a lot of "Your spell is interrupted" or "Your target resisted the Cascading Darkness spell." I barely survived the second fight and he killed me on the third fight. During the third fight, Allizewsaur resisted at least half of the spells I threw at him and if he ignored my pet and went after me. I got stunned without him even hitting me...

[Sat Jul 27 21:41:59 2019] Allizewsaur tries to hit YOU, but misses!
[Sat Jul 27 21:41:59 2019] You are stunned!

I also had the problems with the Fear spells with Allizewsaur just running into the water and if I tried to cast any other spells. I would just get told that he was out of range and would lose mana.

I'm all ears if anyone knows any better ways of fighting Allizewsaur with a Necro and not having all these problems?
Pull with Scent (or something else to aggro) and add ignite blood, and if your pet is still stealing aggro pull him back now and then. It might be worth it to just root rot him for a cycle of DoTs then fear kite him to build aggro (and just for ease, he has a ton o' HP). I'd suggest GINA or some other timer, but do whatever you'd like to preemptively keep snare up. If it breaks, run like hell around, you've got the whole island. If snare is resisted a lot, downgrade to Dooming darkness to save mana and get off sooner if it does wear off.

On the plus side, he's pretty easy going for druids at ~55, just a long boring root rot.
Last edited by Crawdad; 07-28-2019 at 01:03 AM..
Old 07-28-2019, 01:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it breaks, run like hell around, you've got the whole island.
This is how I got killed. Snare wouldn't stick and he chased me down...

Not a bad idea but don't think I would get much in XP if I let him chase me around the island while my pet attacks him before behind.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

Death should never happen when risk-free kiting is an option. Just use the level 12 snare when having resist issues like this. As soon as it lands you can start using your other DoTs. Then run far back and med until you need to snare again. Also, you haste buffed your pet right?
Last edited by Zuranthium; 07-28-2019 at 01:24 AM..
Old 07-28-2019, 01:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Death should never happen when risk-free kiting is an option. Just use the level 12 snare when having resist issues like this. As soon as it lands you can start using your other DoTs. Then run far back and med until you need to snare again. Also, you haste buffed your pet right?
I did buff my pet...

So just use the level 12 snare and dots or use the level 12 snare, fear then dots?

What about when Allizewsaur starts beating the hell out of my pet if I run far back and med until I need to snare again?
Old 07-28-2019, 01:54 AM
Planar Protector

I wish my memory wasn't so damn bad. splurt is the most mana efficient dot, right? Start with only using that and the aforementioned low level snare/fear. Pet in tow. Maybe vexing to keep yourself alive. If he outruns jboots(?) bring sow pots. If he breaks fear and starts smacking the pet call it off until he's back on land to re-up on snare/fear/splurt. disease cloud to keep aggro off the pet.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-28-2019, 02:04 AM
Banned

27 bard can solo it
Old 07-28-2019, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So just use the level 12 snare and dots or use the level 12 snare, fear then dots?

What about when Allizewsaur starts beating the hell out of my pet if I run far back and med until I need to snare again?
If you're saying Fear is getting resisted a lot and you're running out of mana, then I wouldn't bother with it, and just try to kite. The most important thing is keeping snare up, so your pet can get all its DPS in and you can cast other spells or med.

Aggro shouldn't be an issue if you're keeping all the DoT's stacked. All those snare casts, Splurt, Plague, Ignite Blood, the Level 49 Lifetap DoT...pet shouldn't be able to top that.

Ideally you should try to Fear though, because otherwise your DoT's are doing 33% less damage. Exactly how much was it getting resisted? It really shouldn't be THAT much if you're level 55. Even with these resists on your Snare/Fear that you seem to be getting, I don't think mana should be an issue if you're using the Level 12 snare? I don't know why Allizewsaur would be running into the water either, you can pull him up to the top of the hill and fear there, leaving plenty of room.