Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 08:41 PM
Sarnak

Default Silver Chitin Hand Wraps?

I see Silver Chitin Hand Wraps are around 1kp. Would that be worth a warrior getting or should I save for better weapons or armor? I currently have cruciatian shell gauntlets and green jade broad sword, Jasathr trident, Fellhammer 2hs and bronze legs and arms that need to be upgraded as well. Should I focus on other things or would the haste be a good investment?
Old 07-27-2019, 09:54 PM
Planar Protector

SCHW is one of the best value items in game for performance to plat
Old 07-27-2019, 10:57 PM
Aviak

Yep, agree completely with SCHW as haste is essential for warrior play and acquiring some as soon as possible should be your biggest priority after some reasonable ratio affordable weapons. While you still won't be able to maintain Threat vs another character running around with higher % haste , SCHW is by far the most affordable you will find.

Threat is generated whether you hit or miss based on each swing and the total potential damage. So more swings overtime is the primary way for a warrior to build and maintain threat as well as the obvious benefits to dps and keeping fights as short as possible.

After the SCHW I recommend more ac\hp gear such as jewelry slots if you don't already have some before blowing any major cash replacing bronze armor slots for less noticeable returns.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:35 AM
Planar Protector

If you can find a frostbringer for 1k get that. It won't give you the same immediate boost for the PP as schw pre 40, but it will probably be a longer term investment.

If you can't find a cheap frostbringer (or something equivalent/better for <1k) you may as well get the schw.

Once 46+ I'd suggest tagging along on sky raids to get a rotting belt of contention. The hands slot is a surprisingly good AC/HP pad for warriors. Better than waist generally. As such you want your haste in the 'weaker' slot.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SCHW is one of the best value items in game for performance to plat

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:14 PM
Fire Giant

What level are you? I think the answer to that will greatly influence the advice most of us will give you.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:01 AM
Fire Giant

if you're really strapped for plat you could probably get the 17% haste item from one of the trakanon's teeth chains (https://wiki.project1999.com/Hangman%27s_Noose) for free since it rots all the time, just as in OOC if someone is doing the cycle or ask idk, your guild?

But you really really can't beat SCHW. Just sell it later when you get something better, it's a desirable item
Old 07-29-2019, 04:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can find a frostbringer for 1k get that. It won't give you the same immediate boost for the PP as schw pre 40, but it will probably be a longer term investment.

If you can't find a cheap frostbringer (or something equivalent/better for <1k) you may as well get the schw.

Once 46+ I'd suggest tagging along on sky raids to get a rotting belt of contention. The hands slot is a surprisingly good AC/HP pad for warriors. Better than waist generally. As such you want your haste in the 'weaker' slot.
Alternate possibility could be to be carried all the way to dragon necropolis for a Vilefang kill to loot Infestation. Need a helpful guild and VF timer tho.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level are you? I think the answer to that will greatly influence the advice most of us will give you.
I am level 23 and have a few decent items that were given to me or bought on the cheap. I’m by no means Uber twinkled. Me and a friend from 99-2003 ran into each other and started our old guild, Drunken Bandits, so we don’t have a huge high level guild for anything close to raids. Everybody is under 30.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:20 AM
Fire Giant

pm me, i will give u a schw for free

btw, with all these forum no life nerds who has made more plat than they ever will make in real life, i can't believe nobody is offering this dude some help. this war is struggling to buy a schw for gods sake.
Closed Thread