Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Aviak

Default Staff problems

I had not played in a long while. Before Uth left. Good riddance honestly. He had been a jerk* just about on every occasion. Server crash and died from crash, not being near any mobs ... Logged on after submitting the petition my character was rez'ed but standing next to a KoS mob. Got a tell "Uth tells you: gtg?" and before I can respond he had logged. Another petition later he informs me he cannot rez because it was not due to a bug or something.

That was just one incident with a staff member. The other one came when I got stuck on the monk shackle quest. The quest stopped right before the good shackle. After searching a bit on the forums and Allah of when the quest was put into the game I sent a staff member a question about the quest. The response was something like "why would I know". That urked me the most because of who the message was from.

So I stopped playing mostly because of the borked quest. However I would visit the forums from time to time. Whenever an opportunity presented itself I would let my frustrations out about the staff not exactly being polite or even decent....IE someone else would make a post and I would go over the key points of the last 2 paragraphs. No insults were said ... just the overall lack of professionalism was pointed out.

Back 3 months ago. I wanted to come back. Go to log in and my account is now banned. I make a petition asking the reason and no response yet. 3 whole months and not a word of why. Here lately I had been trying anything to get their attention anyway I can. PMs, IRC, anything...even tried AIM. Each time I'm either ignored or given 1 word answers then ignored. So... no idea why I was banned. Probably for insulting staff which I made damn sure I didn't ... at least not blatantly.

Are all experiences with the staff like this? Would have been out 3 months ago but the most the **players are good people and I don't play with staff members so why let one or two people ruin a good thing.

*he isn't staff anymore...insult implied
**players are good people EXCEPT on the forums/irc
Old 08-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had not played in a long while. Before Uth left. Good riddance honestly. He had been a jerk* just about on every occasion. Server crash and died from crash, not being near any mobs ... Logged on after submitting the petition my character was rez'ed but standing next to a KoS mob. Got a tell "Uth tells you: gtg?" and before I can respond he had logged. Another petition later he informs me he cannot rez because it was not due to a bug or something.
May have been a jerk, but at least he was a jerk to everyone and was a decent enforcer. He kinda melted down later on though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The other one came when I got stuck on the monk shackle quest. The quest stopped right before the good shackle. After searching a bit on the forums and Allah of when the quest was put into the game I sent a staff member a question about the quest. The response was something like "why would I know". That urked me the most because of who the message was from.
How did you contact this staff member? I hope you didn't petition or /tell them in game to ask about a quest.

Quote:
just the overall lack of professionalism was pointed out.
This isn't their profession.

Quote:
Back 3 months ago. I wanted to come back. Go to log in and my account is now banned. I make a petition asking the reason and no response yet.
An in-game petition, or via the petition forums? Have you bumped it at all? Did you use any 3rd party programs at all, even on other servers?

Quote:
Are all experiences with the staff like this?
I've never had a bad experience with any staff member, even with Uthgaard. He was abrupt and short when I petitioned about a weird speed exploit I stumbled onto, but that doesn't bug me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

That was just one incident with a staff member. The other one came when I got stuck on the monk shackle quest. The quest stopped right before the good shackle. After searching a bit on the forums and Allah of when the quest was put into the game I sent a staff member a question about the quest. The response was something like "why would I know". That urked me the most because of who the message was from.

So I stopped playing mostly because of the borked quest. However I would visit the forums from time to time. Whenever an opportunity presented itself I would let my frustrations out about the staff not exactly being polite or even decent....IE someone else would make a post and I would go over the key points of the last 2 paragraphs. No insults were said ... just the overall lack of professionalism was pointed out.

Back 3 months ago. I wanted to come back. Go to log in and my account is now banned. I make a petition asking the reason and no response yet. 3 whole months and not a word of why. Here lately I had been trying anything to get their attention anyway I can. PMs, IRC, anything...even tried AIM. Each time I'm either ignored or given 1 word answers then ignored. So... no idea why I was banned. Probably for insulting staff which I made damn sure I didn't ... at least not blatantly.

Are all experiences with the staff like this? Would have been out 3 months ago but the most the **players are good people and I don't play with staff members so why let one or two people ruin a good thing.

*he isn't staff anymore...insult implied
**players are good people EXCEPT on the forums/irc
Welcome to the world of private servers. It's like the old saying goes "you get what you pay for" and that is nothing!
Old 08-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

In b4 R&F
Old 08-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome to the world of private servers. It's like the old saying goes "you get what you pay for" and that is nothing!
Not that it gives me any special treatment but back when I first found the game I donated just about every month I played.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Not that it gives me any special treatment but back when I first found the game I donated just about every month I played.

You get no benefits on this server for donating unlike other private servers (not that it's a bad thing).
Old 08-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Fire Giant

I actually liked UTH, but I never had to deal with him in a raid setting. I did see what he had to put up with during his GM events, and I could see how the immaturity of people would cause him to lose it. His post-leaving meltdown on the forums tho...those were intense.

I miss the GM events he used to run. Really brought life to the server.

As for being randomly banned when you came back, UTH left during the time when there were a lot of issues with third party programs. So if you left before he did, and you used ShowEQ or something, then that would be why you were banned. Especially if you still have it installed. Logging in with it activated today will get you a perma ban...if they still have the detection software running.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You get no benefits on this server for donating unlike other private servers (not that it's a bad thing).
I never asked for any. I was just happy for the nostalgic experience. I know whatcha mean though.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlvarex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually liked UTH, but I never had to deal with him in a raid setting. I did see what he had to put up with during his GM events, and I could see how the immaturity of people would cause him to lose it. His post-leaving meltdown on the forums tho...those were intense.

I miss the GM events he used to run. Really brought life to the server.

As for being randomly banned when you came back, UTH left during the time when there were a lot of issues with third party programs. So if you left before he did, and you used ShowEQ or something, then that would be why you were banned. Especially if you still have it installed. Logging in with it activated today will get you a perma ban...if they still have the detection software running.
Was still active when he left. I didn't notice the ban until 3 months or so ago. Also I remember the whole 3rd party mass temp bans ...I was not part of those. Really I honestly believe I was banned for posting on my experiences with staff.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

I've had nothing but positive interactions with staff in-game, even ol' Uth.

I suspect that maybe the OP is a bit entitled and overly sensitive. I mean, a broken quest made you quit for months and hold a grudge that you let spill onto the forums? You need to be reasonable and learn to exercise some patience or life will just be an unbearable series of aggravating circumstances, let alone P99.

Of course, that's just my opinion.
Closed Thread