Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
May have been a jerk, but at least he was a jerk to everyone and was a decent enforcer. He kinda melted down later on though.

How did you contact this staff member? I hope you didn't petition or /tell them in game to ask about a quest.

This isn't their profession.

An in-game petition, or via the petition forums? Have you bumped it at all? Did you use any 3rd party programs at all, even on other servers?

I've never had a bad experience with any staff member, even with Uthgaard. He was abrupt and short when I petitioned about a weird speed exploit I stumbled onto, but that doesn't bug me.
I just want to add that every time I have seen any staff member, including Uthgaard, being a dick to someone, they were being a double dick to the GM. One time, Uth was putting on a GM event in Timorous Deep to see who could catch the most zone-specific fishing items, and some jackboats kept killing all the fishing vendors Uth spawned so we could equip ourselves. All his response was, was to type in all caps, "STOP KILLING THE VENDORS OR THIS EVENT IS OVER." I would have death touched the harassers, summoned them to the middle of the ocean farthest away from any shore, and /told them "Don't mess with my good times." Bring back Uthgaard and bring back GM events!
Old 08-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thana8088 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope.
As long as you have no direct interaction with staff? This server was wicked awesome when I first started. Only bad experiences are from direct interaction with staff members or from some of the folks on the forums. Neither of which directly affect my ingame experience. Think this go around I may do everything possible to avoid staff/forums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think this go around I may do everything possible to avoid staff/forums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem like a reasonable fellow and this sounds like a solid plan. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pickahippy - 52 Druid
All priest, all the time.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Orc

You sound like a whiner. If I was a GM, I wouldn't help you either.

The one time I had a legit bug cause me to lose money in a trade, they restored the money and fixed the bug within a week. Try being more courteous and not so abrasive to someone when you're asking for their help.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliveceps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sound like a whiner. If I was a GM, I wouldn't help you either.

The one time I had a legit bug cause me to lose money in a trade, they restored the money and fixed the bug within a week. Try being more courteous and not so abrasive to someone when you're asking for their help.
Lets stay on topic and not make this personal. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets stay on topic and not make this personal. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not trying to make it personal, but he has a point. If you aren't getting good service, first look at how you asked for it. If you weren't the most courteous, you probably won't get help. If you are, then your chances increase, especially since the GMs here don't get paid (legally....). They're doing it because they love the server.

Also, put a petition in the Petition forum if you want answers. Doing it in-game or via /tell won't get you anywhere. So try that, and try to be as nice as possible. Bump it (if that's possible?) every once in awhile if they haven't responded. Just be nice and who knows, maybe you'll have a better experience with the staff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Psst, you actually made it personal when you assumed and implied the staff banned you for expressing your opinions here.

And honestly, I think the problem here is yours, personally. Just observing your responses in this thread alone, you come off as entitled, overly sensitive and yeah, kinda whiny. I suspect if you've had negative experiences with staff it's because you, personally, lack tact. Perhaps you are just mildly autistic. That's okay if you are, just understand that it will be more difficult for you to communicate with us normal people.

Good luck and God bless!
Old 08-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlvarex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not trying to make it personal, but he has a point. If you aren't getting good service, first look at how you asked for it. If you weren't the most courteous, you probably won't get help. If you are, then your chances increase, especially since the GMs here don't get paid (legally....). They're doing it because they love the server.

Also, put a petition in the Petition forum if you want answers. Doing it in-game or via /tell won't get you anywhere. So try that, and try to be as nice as possible. Bump it (if that's possible?) every once in awhile if they haven't responded. Just be nice and who knows, maybe you'll have a better experience with the staff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Petition has been there for 3 months. Gonna openly admit I express frustration when being frustrated. Doesn't everyone? The most I've gotten to say personally to staff members so far is "Have a moment?" and the answer has not changed from "No". Nilbog and Amelinda tried to help ... but the issue is above them or they were otherwise incapable. I totally appreciate their response. I in no way mean all members of staff are not decent.

Big thanks to those two for the few helpful words.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Petition has been there for 3 months. Gonna openly admit I express frustration when being frustrated. Doesn't everyone? The most I've gotten to say personally to staff members so far is "Have a moment?" and the answer has not changed from "No". Nilbog and Amelinda tried to help ... but the issue is above them or they were otherwise incapable. I totally appreciate their response. I in no way mean all members of staff are not decent.

Big thanks to those two for the few helpful words.
When you ask for help from busy people, you need to do it through the right channels and with adequate patience. How did you ask for help? PM on the forums or /tell in game is a big no no if you actually want help.

Have you bumped your petition yet? Did you even read my response?

Did you use any 3rd party programs, even on other servers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you ask for help from busy people, you need to do it through the right channels and with adequate patience. How did you ask for help? PM on the forums or /tell in game is a big no no if you actually want help.

Have you bumped your petition yet? Did you even read my response?

Did you use any 3rd party programs, even on other servers?
Bump it every other day. Months into the petition I PMed some staff. Tried IRC but no help there. No 3rd party programs besides WinEQ and Shiftwindow.
Closed Thread