Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 11:22 AM
Fire Giant

Gnoll whips, Ykesha clubs/swords, deadwood staves are all good

Use Tola robe for haste, it's pretty cheap.

If you give it a 2h+torch it will dual wield but it seems buggy, sometimes they'll poof when I go to loot them back once I'm done.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by derblott [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On the note of weaponizing - what are everyone's go-to weapons?

I usually snatch up Wu Trance sticks, gnoll whips, and the cheaper ykesha items. What else works well for long camps partnered up with a cleric?

And does anyone bother with haste items? Does Mithril 2hander + torch haste the pet AND allow it to quad? Is there a cheaper haste item worth using?

FWIW - Just hit 51 on my enchanter, really enjoying the class. Shopping for -MR gear for pets too but jeez it's tough to find...
Mithril 2 hander + torch does indeed haste and quad, but I think tola robe would be better for your pet's worn haste and using more toys in weapon slots.

My favorite is lazyman setup Swarmcaller + torch. You can remove slow off your bar and run stuff like double stun, boon, etc depending on what your group is and what you're killing. Like when I do small group King in seb I'll run double stuns for all the CHs / gates / slows.

My favorite thing to do now is 4 man CE w/ a tank, cleric, and a rogue using Staff of Undead Legion + torch on one of the skeleton monk or SK frog trash mobs just outside 4door camp. 25% chance at drops AND a 10+ minute 100% safe (calm, break charm, mez, blur) AFK time til first golem pops. One morning it was a well geared 60 rogue and a hard AF warrior w/ my cleric and we were literally sitting there for 15+ minutes AFK between emp PH dead and 1st ICG pop.

Note: if you're gonna do a super long grind session w/ a group and just want as stable a pet as possible, don't forget your -MR items!

https://wiki.project1999.com/Riptide_Spear + https://wiki.project1999.com/Tome_of_the_Eternal + 2x adamantite bands + rusty spiked pads = -45 MR or basically a whole extra tash. There's also the astral cloak + leggings for another -10 MR but they're kinda pricey and its prob not wurf.

I have absolutely 0 data to say how fewer charm breaks may occur over say a 4 hour period....but would you consistently charm a pet w/o tash? I think not. Same logic applies...unless there's some kind of DR on -MR.

If I'm somewhere decently safe and just I run swarmcaller + tome of the eternal + 1 ada band + rusty spiked. I bought an equal amount of ada bands and rusty spiked pads a while back ago and my OCD (j/k kinda) says if I'm gonna lose pet items I may as well keep it at a 1:1 ratio.
Last edited by kjs86z; 03-20-2019 at 11:56 AM..
Old 03-21-2019, 07:31 AM
Sarnak

Always learning new things from this forum.

I have to say I've never used a lot of Calm on my charmed pets. Does Calm before a planned Gazughi ring break prevent the usual aggroing?
Old 03-21-2019, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have to say I've never used a lot of Calm on my charmed pets. Does Calm before a planned Gazughi ring break prevent the usual aggroing?
The charm break will aggro the mob onto you, but calm lasts 2.5 minutes so once you get that memblur off (i always just level 4 mez until it blurs), you have a good long time to chill out.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Calm + Camp = OP. The charmed mob will not agro you when you come back in. It’s a way of breaking a stupidly dangerous pet with less risk.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Calm + Camp = OP. The charmed mob will not agro you when you come back in. It’s a way of breaking a stupidly dangerous pet with less risk.
Oh wow. So calm a charmed pet, don't break, and then just camp in and out and it'll be fine?
Old 03-21-2019, 10:44 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mithril 2 hander + torch does indeed haste and quad, but I think tola robe would be better for your pet's worn haste and using more toys in weapon slots.

My favorite is lazyman setup Swarmcaller + torch. You can remove slow off your bar and run stuff like double stun, boon, etc depending on what your group is and what you're killing. Like when I do small group King in seb I'll run double stuns for all the CHs / gates / slows.

My favorite thing to do now is 4 man CE w/ a tank, cleric, and a rogue using Staff of Undead Legion + torch on one of the skeleton monk or SK frog trash mobs just outside 4door camp. 25% chance at drops AND a 10+ minute 100% safe (calm, break charm, mez, blur) AFK time til first golem pops. One morning it was a well geared 60 rogue and a hard AF warrior w/ my cleric and we were literally sitting there for 15+ minutes AFK between emp PH dead and 1st ICG pop.

Note: if you're gonna do a super long grind session w/ a group and just want as stable a pet as possible, don't forget your -MR items!

https://wiki.project1999.com/Riptide_Spear + https://wiki.project1999.com/Tome_of_the_Eternal + 2x adamantite bands + rusty spiked pads = -45 MR or basically a whole extra tash. There's also the astral cloak + leggings for another -10 MR but they're kinda pricey and its prob not wurf.

I have absolutely 0 data to say how fewer charm breaks may occur over say a 4 hour period....but would you consistently charm a pet w/o tash? I think not. Same logic applies...unless there's some kind of DR on -MR.

If I'm somewhere decently safe and just I run swarmcaller + tome of the eternal + 1 ada band + rusty spiked. I bought an equal amount of ada bands and rusty spiked pads a while back ago and my OCD (j/k kinda) says if I'm gonna lose pet items I may as well keep it at a 1:1 ratio.
I read a couple of other places that pets can only equip a single ring item (so only give them one adamantite band). I don't know if there's a way to actually confirm that's true...

I camped a riptide spear myself cause I could not find any for sale, and STILL have not found a single adamantite band...sheesh.

Thanks for all the tips [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-21-2019, 11:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by derblott [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read a couple of other places that pets can only equip a single ring item (so only give them one adamantite band). I don't know if there's a way to actually confirm that's true...

I camped a riptide spear myself cause I could not find any for sale, and STILL have not found a single adamantite band...sheesh.

Thanks for all the tips [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone did a test of this not long ago by charming a low level mob, handing them a ring, checking their HP, and then handing them another ring and checking their HP. IIRC, the conclusion was that it equipped both rings.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Oh wow. So calm a charmed pet, don't break, and then just camp in and out and it'll be fine?
Camping clears agro, and calm reduces agro radius to almost nothing. If you’re smooth it’s a great method to ensure a very low risk charm break.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
.....Later on when you're doing a camp and want to keep / weaponize a pet...you can calm the mob while its still charmed, break charm w/ invis, root, mez, and mem blur. The mob will forget everything you've done to it, and will sit there for the duration of the root regening HP like a freight train. It also won't aggro you while your calm spell is on it (3 min duration).....
There were a few other comments about using calm but I'm still not sure why you'd use it before the charm break. When you mem blur it after the break, it clears aggro anyway so why the Calm?

Speaking of this line of spells, I don't really understand the difference between them. In watching chanter videos, some very high level chanters still use Lull. What are the circumstances in which you'd use the various versions of these spells?
Closed Thread