Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 12:37 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if the population of green is half that of blue, every person on green will be in the same few low level zones, rather than spread across the world. Even a few people doing this could cause significant disruption.
I remain skeptical that it's going to be an issue right away. That pic Jibartik posted of the guy that is supposedly level 4? If he is indeed level 4, he's got SoW on or there is no way he would be that far ahead of those mobs. DMN mentioned bards having tracking but they don't get that until level 35 so it's not really relevant to the newbie yards.

Time will tell I suppose but my guess is bards are going to be standing around waiting to whack stuff with their guild issued short sword just like everyone else and by the time they get Selo's, everyone will be heading off to their favorite newbie dungeons where bard kiting isn't an issue.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remain skeptical that it's going to be an issue right away. That pic Jibartik posted of the guy that is supposedly level 4? If he is indeed level 4, he's got SoW on or there is no way he would be that far ahead of those mobs. DMN mentioned bards having tracking but they don't get that until level 35 so it's not really relevant to the newbie yards.

Time will tell I suppose but my guess is bards are going to be standing around waiting to whack stuff with their guild issued short sword just like everyone else and by the time they get Selo's, everyone will be heading off to their favorite newbie dungeons where bard kiting isn't an issue.
holup its one thing to disagree that bards are going to be a problem on green99 but to try to argue that you cannot monopolize zones from level 2 with a bard is just flat out casual of you: https://youtu.be/_RGSdtyAifU

If you look at the guides https://wiki.project1999.com/Treasure_Hunting_Guide nearly every zone noobs can use to level, quest and make some coin can be easily controlled by 1 or 2 bards

Im not saying it will happen, but it will happen to many people that think they're going to have a night of fun and adventure on green99 after a long day at work.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You don't need sow to bard swarm. Strafe running will keep you far enough ahead.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

Btw its worth mentioning that a red flag for me is that, any idiot can kite with a bard from level 2-19 it requires like no skill at all so that means like maybe there are going to be like 500 people trying this on a 3k person server?

Its going to be hilarious.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

Also a bard can aoe kite all of blackburrow so say goodbye to your favorite dungeon idea, and CB lol and pretty much any classic zone lol
Old 05-18-2019, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

I aoe'd 3 bandit camps for sashes when I first came to this server in the karanas, that could usually keep 3 separate groups of 6 people in classic busy back when I first came to this server, after not playing for like 10 years, I just watched like 1 youtube video. when casters would spawn, id kite them to the guards, I guess I could pass some of those scraps onto the noobs that sit and wait for me to kill every bandit in the karanas lel

We're doomed.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

Certainly going to need to do something about it. Should have already done something about it frankly. It's not classic, it's a zone disruption, it's going to cause petitions. Three good reasons to fix it, none to keep it.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:04 AM
Planar Protector

I could be totally wrong it could just be a cluster eff of rusty weapons but I highly doubt after 7 years we're going to come back to the first green99 where casuals are going to get to see any action for any determinable amount of time with a class as powerful as a bard controlled by a pixel hungry p99er.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could be totally wrong it could just be a cluster eff of rusty weapons but I highly doubt after 7 years we're going to come back to the first green99 where casuals are going to get to see any action for any determinable amount of time with a class as powerful as a bard controlled by a pixel hungry p99er.
Obviously predicting the future is never a certainty. But it may even be worse than expected. Blue never had a big population through vanilla(old world). Blues population slowly grew in numbers over the years, so players were easily spread out between zones and levels. Now we are going to have a relative deluge of players bumping elbows in the same handful of zones. It's already a powder keg of potential problems. We don't need to put any nitroglycerin in the keg.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:11 AM
Fire Giant

There's more than enough zones, but they will hopefully adjust the ZEM so people feel less compelled to do specific overpopulated zones.
Closed Thread