Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Go 5 agi and rest into STA imo though.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Paladin

Keep in mind Paladins are almost certain to have a 40% xp penalty on green.
Paladins need a group and won't have trouble finding one. In a mixed / balanced group, the difference in how fast each person in the group is leveling, with one person being a warrior and a paladin is going to be less than 10% (the penalties are shared)

Stop trying to scare people off of being hybrids, it's not that big of a deal.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladins need a group and won't have trouble finding one. In a mixed / balanced group, the difference in how fast each person in the group is leveling, with one person being a warrior and a paladin is going to be less than 10% (the penalties are shared)

I was going to say the same thing, but then I thought its not going to stop people from being negative about hybrids...
Old 10-01-2019, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

I don't know. I'd prefer not to be cynical about it, but I'm a little concerned for the prospects of hybrids. it was awfully hard for them to find group once the whole secret got out that the party carries their experience penalty burden.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know. I'd prefer not to be cynical about it, but I'm a little concerned for the prospects of hybrids. it was awfully hard for them to find group once the whole secret got out that the party carries their experience penalty burden.
Because people made a big deal about it. Just don't make a big deal about it and people will play as they did back in 199-2002......no one will care!
Old 10-02-2019, 02:56 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Paladin

Keep in mind Paladins are almost certain to have a 40% xp penalty on green.
I don't mind the xp penalty at all as long as it won't hinder me from finding parties that are willing to take me in along with the shared penalty. I don't have much of a time constraint in terms of playing EQ right now so slower leveling while soloing isn't a problem either.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:22 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd probably ignore that guide and just go strength instead of stamina on green. The extra strength will be far more useful through most of green's lifespan than stamina. Sta is like endgame minmaxing stuff. 99.9% you will never make it to a point where that 15 stam was relevant. But that str will allow you to maintain aggro a bit better, solo a bit better, and carry some more loot. And when you already lug plate armor around extra carry weight is a big boon.
What are the situations in those 0.01% cases like? I'm planning on going at P99 green as hard core as I can, meaning I'll be playing a minimum of 5h a day and 5 days a week for the next 6 months atleast. I have played WoW before and am currently playing Classic so I do have some end game raid experience from that game playing hybrid classes like Paladins and Druids, if that is worth anything coming to EQ1. As I'm unfortunately too young to have experienced EQ1 in its prime when it was in retail and since blue is already a whopping 10 years old, I consider P99 green as my best chance of experienceing the aforementioned to the maximum in it's most authentic form currently available, and that means I have set as my personal goal to try to progress as far as I am able in the end game content. Given that, I hope going your suggested +15 strength instead of stamina won't make me completely useless in those 0.01% scenarios, will it? While I do appreciate being able to solo much better, I still want to be useful all the way to the end, or atleast to not be a dead weight holding the raid group down. I absolutely love hybrid classes like Paladins and Druids etc. in RPGs in general and I don't mind conforming even to some really specific niche roles if that is where I'm most useful for a raid as a Paladin. I do enjoy tanking the most though, healing and utility coming in a close second, and dps as the last, but I don't specifically mind any of those roles - quite the contrary.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don't worry; he didn't scare me off. =) My love for hybrids, no matter how broken they might be, is insurmountable. I have played a Druid and a Paladin for the entirety of my WoW career, and even though I enjoy tanking the most, coming to the realization that in WoW Classic I will be tanking only the trash adds and then healing the rest of the time didn't dispirit me in the slightest. =P
Old 10-02-2019, 03:30 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:

That is good to hear! I'm looking to be very useful in groups and also in end game raids, and I hope my class selection will serve me to that end well.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:33 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Call me a raving loonatic, will yah, but the fact that no-one is mentioning AAs even once has made me come to the impression that they don't yet exist in green, and are implemented in a later patch? I was under the impression that screwing up your stats allocation and AAs could completely "gimp" your character in terms of end game viability since neither of those can be reassigned later on. Your replies have given me comfort in that I won't be able to completely destroy my character with silly stat allocs, but what about them AAs? Aren't they kind of like permanent talent points?
Closed Thread