Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My favorite idea has been and always will be a completely random spawn. Sunday to Saturday, every mob has a chance to pop only once in that entire week (except draco), if the mob hasnt popped by saturday night it would be forced. Then sunday all timers start again. That will never happen, but i personally like it.
I'd actually be in favor of this if it were completely random on an even longer time scale. Make it so there's a chance of bosses respawning everywhere from instantly to say 3 months, with the expected spawn time set to the classic timer. Make it such a huge window that tracking will no longer be possible.

Basically I'm against anything that encourages people to sit for long periods of time waiting for something to spawn, that is not competing it is wasting time.

I'd possibly also be in favor of other non-classic solutions such has having bosses spawn 3x as often but with 1/3 the loot (or an even higher ratio), making it so that more people could do high end stuff without changing the amount of items entering the world.