Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Instruction Error

So I downloaded everything and prepared it like I was supposed to according to the guide last night. But, I have been having lots of problems.

At first I could log in, but the UI was the newer one ;/ and every time I played in full screen it would revert to windowed, but I am sure I read how to fix that already on the forum.

Admittedly, when I installed it, I got a message saying that perhaps it didnt install properly, but I could still have played. I was talking with a friend, and tinkering to fix UI and some other things, and whatever it was I did was bad. I had to uninstall and start over.

This time, I didnt get that message and it installed fine. BUT I havent been able to play AT ALL. Whenever I play, I get to the login screen, and then I get this error "The Instruction at 0x10001c6b referenced memory at 0x1000008. The memory could not be read"

I have no idea what to do. I also noticed when I could log in, that the login was quite slow.

Please, can anyone help me? I tried to find a solution online but obviously havent yet. I am not a super computer wiz either, I just want to come back to Norrath.
Last edited by Nomura; 03-25-2010 at 07:29 PM..
Old 03-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Sarnak

Are you running the client in compatability mode? Using XP SP2/3? Also make sure u run it as admin just in case. As of anything else, not much i can go on with that little of details.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

He got in, so it's fixed.