Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-02-2022, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry for the dumb question... Is this before or after reclaiming the pet?
After.

Bump because this mechanic is really rough on an already somewhat limited class.
Old 11-20-2022, 02:27 AM
Kobold

a side effect of fixing this would mean that beating Plane of Sky bosses during classic would become even more trivial (and possibly other bosses as well such as CT or Innoruuk)

it takes approx 24+ mages to trivialize most of the bosses in PoS. If the mages aren't getting summoned due to the broken aggro transfer mechanic, that number would likely be halved or more.
Old 11-20-2022, 05:51 AM
Orc

We tried doing the standard 3 pet class Phinny fight the other night and at some point during the fight our mage was getting summoned... never happened before.
Tahzo - 60 Phantasmist - Blue
Old 11-20-2022, 07:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's more important bugs in the queue. Nerissa_Clothspinner001 was selling berries instead of muffins.
Exactly. Fortunately for us the missing orc centurion in Butcherblock is now spawning as intended
Old 11-20-2022, 07:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We tried doing the standard 3 pet class Phinny fight the other night and at some point during the fight our mage was getting summoned... never happened before.
Funny you should say that, it also happened to me last week. Air pet #1 died, I managed to get another one up but then I got summoned (there was another pet fighting Phini at that time) and pet #2 would not get aggro -> dead magician
I had cast nothing at Phini and only refreshed Burnout on pet #1 with a robe clicky
Old 11-20-2022, 07:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's more important bugs in the queue. Nerissa_Clothspinner001 was selling berries instead of muffins.
More important, yes, but also more difficult. One fix that takes much less time/effort to implement, by comparison, isn't going to detract from another that takes considerably more.
Old 11-25-2022, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Devs, despites some of the salt in here we really do love you and appreciate you. Please help us mages. We will burn bread for you and provide endless water and arrows.

Love,

The Mages
Old 11-30-2022, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

My mage is only 34 but I cant get the npcs to act as stated in this thread. Which makes me wonder if it's level related? Similar to how FD functions differently once the npcs are 35+

Once I can get online again I should find some red mobs to test that on, last I tried the level 35 citizen dwarves in BBM it would only take a hit or two for my pets to regain aggro
Old 12-09-2022, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

So a charmed pet breaks and the charm class gets nearly 0 aggro transferred to them. Seems pretty odd that when a mage pet dies it doesn't mimic this behavior.
Old 05-15-2023, 04:57 PM
Aviak

While researching something else, I ran across hard evidence for mage pet chaining immediately pulling aggro.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The conclusion here is that pet aggro dies with the pet and isn't transferred to the mage (just like charm).

This is from page 233 of the Ruins of Kunark strategy guide- definitely in-era.
Last edited by Ruien; 05-15-2023 at 05:00 PM..