Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 09:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I've been away from the game for a year or so and just started playing again about a week ago. No lag until the past two days. I'm only showing ping of about 34 ms, but i'm lagging a decent amount now. The choppy kind, not the super long delay kind. Never had any issues with lag before this and my PC is well beyond the specs of what the game requires. Just tried deleting eqclient as well. No effect. Any other potential solutions?
Old 05-12-2020, 01:02 AM
Large Bat

YUP... is there a way to get notifications for whenever they undo whatever they did? i have one toon on green... a little chanter...do you know how AWESOME it is to be in the middle of a fight and suddenly be loading and find out that your charm broke and you now have a ping rate of 1300 with a connectivity rating of 90-95%...like i should have assumed something was wrong when i hit con and it took 10 seconds for it to appear...but i'm not smart...
Old 05-14-2020, 04:19 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I don’t understand why we cant at least get an explanation for this forced dynamic lighting? I'd at least try to accept it if they said it was a balance issue or had to be forced on due to some engine change... instead we get silence from the devs and dozens of people now unable to enjoy the game they were playing perfectly a couple of months ago...

P1999 is one of the few games I can enjoy on my old laptop but this update is making even that a struggle whenever more than one light source is in an area.
Old 05-14-2020, 02:10 PM
Skeleton

Well maybe they got hit by the covid19 and this why we don't have any news.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by savethequeen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well maybe they got hit by the covid19 and this why we don't have any news.
Nah they just don't care.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:42 AM
Kobold

Very high latency today, I think something is wrong on server side imminent crash ? :-).
Old 05-16-2020, 10:46 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah they just don't care.
Sounds about right , Would you care ?
Old 06-08-2020, 05:54 PM
Sarnak

I discovered something today during a ring war. Like most times with lots of light sources, I get massive drop in framerate. However, if I pan up so the ground isn't rendered, I get buttery smooth frames again. I think this is more evidence that this performance problem is related to the way light sources are handled.

This really should be disabled.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:42 PM
Kobold

I don't guess I get the point of forcing dynamic lighting on for everyone.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't guess I get the point of forcing dynamic lighting on for everyone.
It forces the classic darkness and other view limitations that were removed in the Titanium client to make the game more "friendly". It's still a work in progress I'm sure.

-Mcoy
Closed Thread