Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just....FYI : We can make any raid target do anything we want. I doubt VP will be varienced...
There are "raid" mobs right now without a variance so I would make the same assumption, because no one has ever said "ALL RAID MOBS WILL BE ON VARIANCE". Dojorn and Phinigel Autropos don't have that variance and those mobs are already available and killable.

The variance was put in for classic because there were so few targets and the previous rules sucked.

The variance is still in Kunark because there are enough targets but it breeds actual competition. It, however, also creates frustration that *could* be alleviated by dropping the variance a little.

For zones that it wouldn't make sense to have variance in (VP and NToV) that can be tuned as such and regulated more by player interaction; a NECESSARY P99 behavior, which is what Hobby stated.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Bubbles...Now I've got a hard on for a second server that will never happen. God damnit.

Kolored on Red.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Fire Giant

Lets start a 17 thread discussing the benefits/cons of a new server...

Created by Uuur//Ihealyou -- Mad props!
Old 06-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not THAT stupid. I'll let someone else do it

Kolored on Red.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Not much to discuss really. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Either it happens or it doesnt.

At least in 'this' thread there's a 0.00001% chance that the hardcore raiders randomly stumble across a non-gm-intervened solution that solves the issue.

If i was to start a whole new thread it would just be the post i just made with a buncha 'neato!'s after it. Just a matter of if the powers at be are interested enough to make it happen.

Honestly who would be against a second server? EC trade mules? It would have to be a short list. The bottleneck is getting the Devs interested (or it simply won't happen), the CS staff to cover it, and figuring out if it would generate a greater cost to the project in terms of bandwith or hosting or whatever (I'm no IT guy, believe me). [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Fire Giant

Id hate a second server, i like it crowded. When my favorite places became empty in eq live i stopped playing.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Id hate a second server, i like it crowded. When my favorite places became empty in eq live i stopped playing.
My sentiments exactly!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

The solution is simple, it's just that no one wants to do it. If you're not happy with the way things are on the server, you have to put up a fight. That's exactly what the top tier guild(s) want... competition. So bring the fight right to their front door:

1) All non-uber raid guilds get together and split out targets amongst themselves & position trackers.

2) Camp buffed mains at agreed upon targets.

3) Track and mobilize.

4) Beat them at their own game until they fall apart and the game is no longer fun for them.

They want competition, give it to them. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The problem is no one else is willing to do 2 & 3 because very few other people are willing to devote that amount of time/energy into a computer game. Which is fine, there is nothing wrong with that... but then why should we expect the devs to cater to those who can't put in the time/energy to get the raid targets? Unfortunately, Classic Everquest was always about the time/energy spent being proportional to the progress of your toons/guild. We more casual players knew that 11 years ago, and it shouldn't be a surprise to us now.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 06-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately, Classic Everquest was always about the time/energy spent being proportional to the progress of your toons/guild.
Not to this extent and not like this, not ever. You know this is fact, as does everyone else involved here, and still spew these stupid statements.

Sitting in place doing absolutely nothing for 4 days was NEVER EVER beneficial to any character or guild on any live EQ server. It's pure bullshit.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to this extent and not like this, not ever. You know this is fact, as does everyone else involved here, and still spew these stupid statements.

Sitting in place doing absolutely nothing for 4 days was NEVER EVER beneficial to any character or guild on any live EQ server. It's pure bullshit.
I didn't make a specific statement about "sitting in place doing absolutely nothing". I made the statement "time/energy invested was proportional to the progress of your toon/guild", which is entirely correct for classic Everquest until they started dumbing it down.

Show me someone who logs in one hour a day vs. someone who actively plays 12 hours a day. Convince me the first guy has more progress on his character than the latter guy. Show me a guild who plays casually and uses guildchat like a chat program/price check system, and then show me a guild who devotes time to recruiting good players with lots of opportunity to play, has a twitter/text network up and running, has a mobilization plan, willing to log their mains somewhere to play alts for a few days, etc, etc, etc. Convince me the first guild gets more raid targets than the latter guild.

Just like it was in the classic trilogy. We had the casual vs. powergamer discussions 11 years ago just like we do here. More Time/energy => Better Results

We had the uberguild on Xegony that did this, and some of them are here now in the uberguild here. And the rest of the server got their scraps too until an alliance of three other guilds started giving them a run for their money. Anyone who spent time in Classic/Kunark/Velious on Xegony remembers this and knows which guilds I'm specifically talking about. :P

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Closed Thread