Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 01:21 AM
Banned

Default For those Paladin lovers -- how you solo on a Paladin post 46+ (video)

This is a post level 46 (using DW helm) video with about...20k worth of gear and my epic which I just got @ level 50, prior to getting my epic I soloed petty much most of 20-50 using a veliuum 2hs which was 30-37. I also had crusty armor from about 20-40 before I got the high elf armor set.

I started to solo level in CoM the moment I dinged 46 starting with haze golems. 46-51 didnt take long as I was getting about 10% xp per level in 30 odd mins give or take. Fog Golems rape the shit out of you so try to avoid them ( as you will see in the video if you watch it).

I plan to one day write a 1-50 guide with all the best solo spots I've found...one day.

This way to level is boring as shit dont get me wrong but if you love melee's/Paladins and want to solo most of the way than it's fun for awhile, it's also quite an AFKish way to level too once you know the spots. I was doing this while studying, anytime I wanted to take a break I would drop 30-45mins in to getting some xp.

You get about 1-2% per kill prior to dinging 51, than it starts to slow down to about .5% per kill.

Video details:

SELF BUFFED, getting the remaining 10-11% I needed to ding 51 in about 35mins recorded about 6-7 months ago when I used to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM6WVpuY4co

Bonus video: https://youtu.be/2S2jofkXMC0 - easier mobs

p.s obviously better gear (CoF/Fungi/tash stick for getting root to stick longer etc. etc.) would reduce the leveling time by quite a margin.

FLAME ON BABES!
Old 10-14-2017, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

Good post + not begging people for views. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grats on 51. I like how you label your videos Project 1999
Keep it up, paladins are the underdogs.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:26 AM
Fire Giant

Paly love! Underrated class.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:45 AM
Sarnak

Never levelled in City of Mist at all on my paladin as spent my time in Kithicor during the night cycles's at that level range, but that looked fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-14-2017, 05:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khandman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never levelled in City of Mist at all on my paladin as spent my time in Kithicor during the night cycles's at that level range, but that looked fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Give it a go.
You get decent money too if gem drops go your way.

I soloed Temple, Stables, arena (do not do goos as you cant root them)....avoid fog golems and phantoms till atleast 50.

I am 51.5 and might pick this back up again soon...might try solo moat at off peak.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:30 AM
Fire Giant

Good post but I prefered your "Drugs" thread. That one was wicked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-14-2017, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

Personally I don't run into lack of options to solo on melee, not until 50-60. I hope you keep going, and share what you do from 51+. Godspeed to you!
Old 10-14-2017, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

My SK was soloing CoM before 40 because everyone there was saying I was too low to group... then they got mad cos I was taking temple area to myself.

Just can't please some [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Foggies are pretty nasty, this is true.

As an SK I was also fear kiting Spectral Keepers in Trakanon's Teeth (again people were getting mad at me cos a level 41 was taking up the Pained Soul PH, but I figured why not double down... never did get it to spawn though).

For clarity I mention my SK experiences as I suppose they have equivalent damage in/out abilities. Obviously a paladin doesn't have the snare for fear (or do they?), but I suppose they can proxy something similar cycling through stuns against these wizards?

I agree that the AFKish and having to find the right spots element of levelling a melee has a strange appeal to it. Disclaimer: I'm a glutton for punishment, having exclusively soloed level 54 on my 'self found geared' Halfling warrior.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My SK was soloing CoM before 40 because everyone there was saying I was too low to group... then they got mad cos I was taking temple area to myself.

Just can't please some [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Foggies are pretty nasty, this is true.

As an SK I was also fear kiting Spectral Keepers in Trakanon's Teeth (again people were getting mad at me cos a level 41 was taking up the Pained Soul PH, but I figured why not double down... never did get it to spawn though).

For clarity I mention my SK experiences as I suppose they have equivalent damage in/out abilities. Obviously a paladin doesn't have the snare for fear (or do they?), but I suppose they can proxy something similar cycling through stuns against these wizards?

I agree that the AFKish and having to find the right spots element of levelling a melee has a strange appeal to it. Disclaimer: I'm a glutton for punishment, having exclusively soloed level 54 on my 'self found geared' Halfling warrior.
Yeah I am glad you brought this up, as I thought to myself if a Sk could follow a similar path seeing that SK is knight as is a pally.

Wonder which one has better options at 51+ to solo?

I have a pal that "likes" the sk class, but feels that it's a waste of time leveling one because they are "weak and underpowered" compared to warriors.

He is hitting a hard wall at lvl 51 as warrior to solo now though. I know people will point out it's a team game etc., but not everyone has the time to LFG or join groups for XP and that's why he tends to solo a lot.

Problem is, he likes melee and melee on this game tend to need group support for easier leveling.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Lhance, I suspect SK might have the edge, but I humbly ask whether your friend has considered monk?

I know neither you nor I can get into the groove with monks, but I think it may be what he is really hankering after.
Closed Thread