Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Grinded last few levels in 50s mostly solo, knight soloing is urrgggghhhh.
And I think SK does it better since least I can fear kite and got more DPS with the pet. Palathing it must be unreal boring, watched one try to kill Shady Swashbuckler and he was just meleeing it for 80y rooting it to go helmet up.

Get a group, save yourself the headache. /nod
Old 10-14-2017, 01:39 PM
Banned

Yah it's pretty boring soloing as a Paladin using dw helm. I wouldn't suggest it for more than an hour here and there.

Shadowknights definately would solo faster, both have different styles tho. I would say Paladins do dungeons better by mere fact of what is essentially a poor mans melee root rot and calm spliting. Unless you're a glut for punishment or like the challenge of soloing post 54 on a melee I would suggest grouping too. But it just depends on what you are trying to achieve.

My plan was once I hit 54 I was gunna solo lguk named camps. Maybe one day I will pick it back up for the challenge.

Also for the post about soloing in TT, I did it on my Paladin too but it's a different dynamic with caster mobs. You find yourself cornering mobs to DW helm heal up etc.

And yes Paladins can getto fear kite undead if they get the whip from ToFS. I never tried it on my red99 paladin when I played there but I am sure its doable: I think though the whip is only 35% snare? Would be epic if it worked well!
Old 10-14-2017, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lhance, I suspect SK might have the edge, but I humbly ask whether your friend has considered monk?

I know neither you nor I can get into the groove with monks, but I think it may be what he is really hankering after.
He has a monk, lol. He hates having to be group puller all the time. Got to lvl 52 I think, then quit his monk iirc. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-14-2017, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

If he wants a fighty toon but not be asked to do anything for groups he could consider ranger.

With velious there is a proliferation of high AC items to wear, they have just as good defence skill a any other melee up to around 40, and at high levels their defence skill might be raised when chardok 2 lands.

Furthermore, if he really wants to work on his character, the off hand epic is fairly easy to acquire 30 ATK 40 haste and he has the option to acquire a 50% haste click from a mob that gets killed every sky raid.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Ranger's a good choice. Solo is somewhat easier than a knight up to the point where they all start sucking to solo. Can fear kite animals to 60 if you can take it. Tanks great to around 45, good until around 52...after that you'll need good gear. Gear's cheap, though. Archery is kind of ignored usually but if you make it a priority and learn to do it, you can do some amazing stuff with it. Takes patience, though.
But back to Pally. I like them a lot, really great grind tanks. I'd rather have a pally as group tank for exp hunts more than anything else.
Last edited by fadetree; 10-15-2017 at 10:36 AM..
Old 10-16-2017, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

Haven't watched vid yet, but once you hit maybe 53-54 get to the pit area at in the Hole. I'm guessing you can make a joke of the lower level casters with bash / stuns, and lulls can help you split camps (would probably need some decent CHA?). Only 1 roaming golem to worry about (if he's lower level, can maybe take him out if LoH is up).

Not sure how 'good' your anti-summon nukes are, but with the -MR check they should hit reliably well.

Besides Pit there are like 5-6 camps I could recommend. If you are reallllly bored and want good exp with no loot (only bone chips), the Fallen Erudites at undead tower are pretty chump. They aren't casters, are undead and about 75% of them are blue at 60. They run at 20%, and are actually on Underfoot faction, so the big dog ghosts won't social with them.

There are 5 spawns you can reliably pull, and 1 you need to lull pull. Only problem you can get into is Dartain the Lost can spawn (36hr pop), but you can IVU to get past him. Can even pull kindle to crypt for an extra mob to kill if you are beastly.

Other problem is erudites are PHs for Ghost of Glohnor, so may take away one of your spawns. But doubt you could hold down 6 on a 22min timer anyways (had trouble doing that on my monk at 60).

Best part about the Hole camps (besides pit area), is almost none of them are ever taken. So great for that AFK exp or wanting to just log in for an hour and grab some quick exp.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Paladins can bash without a shield equipped? Is that true for all melee? Pretty sure I can't on my SK... But it's been a while since I played him.

-Mcoy
Old 10-16-2017, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladins can bash without a shield equipped? Is that true for all melee? Pretty sure I can't on my SK... But it's been a while since I played him.

-Mcoy
If I recall correctly dual weild skills up with a shield in hand too.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:27 PM
Banned

Incredibly depressing, I give it 2 out of 5 wrist slashes. JK keep up the good videos
Old 10-16-2017, 01:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Mcoy

SKs and pallies can do it with 2her or there epic

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Closed Thread