Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 05:02 PM
VIP / Contributor

You guys are wrong, if I could I would post a SS.

This was a brand new player that made this thread.

Cylock the Halfing Slayer
Old 10-16-2017, 05:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are wrong, if I could I would post a SS.

This was a brand new player that made this thread.
So some guy (OP) who claims he plays on blue (or did play on blue) made a toon on red server... he then makes a new forum account and gets it approved all in an attempt to make his first and only post on this new forum account to spread the joys of red server?

Even if this is true, OP still lacks transparency and cannot be trusted.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

IMHO Red server is in the process of transitioning from a PvP alternative to Blue, to simply an alternative to Blue. After a long hiatus, (we’re talking ~2 years) I rolled a new character just to test the waters. So far it’s real fun and the community of players seems less aggressive/bergy and more interested in grouping and PvE. This is not a bad thing, considering Blue is a bloated mess.
The option for PvP no longer seems to be the main attraction, but rather it would appear to be a (very useful) tool to resolve camp issues/raid issues.
It’s confirmed fun and I’m going to have to go with 2 thumbs up, Ebert.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:12 PM
Fire Giant

Default Can we move all the red server chat to red server chat?

Before you attempt to say this is "general community" we both know that's nonsense; otherwise, we'd also allow people selling red server items in the "general community" ec tunnel chat as well which is just stupid. "General Community" is the blue community.

If I wanted to read red server jibberish i'd go into the red server chat.
Remove the red server chat from blue server forum space! Make Blue Server Chat great again!
Old 10-16-2017, 05:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMHO Red server is in the process of transitioning from a PvP alternative to Blue, to simply an alternative to Blue. After a long hiatus, (we’re talking ~2 years) I rolled a new character just to test the waters. So far it’s real fun and the community of players seems less aggressive/bergy and more interested in grouping and PvE. This is not a bad thing, considering Blue is a bloated mess.
The option for PvP no longer seems to be the main attraction, but rather it would appear to be a (very useful) tool to resolve camp issues/raid issues.
It’s confirmed fun and I’m going to have to go with 2 thumbs up, Ebert.
It is fun till you're farming your 5th alts PoM cards and there's 0 economy as you play with the same 20 people who are also farming PoM carfs for their 6th alts.

I am not even joking people have geared level 55 toons in raid gear for if there is PvP.

Think about that...IF there is PvP.

It's a hyper, non realistic end game EQ server with 80 pop and some severely pixel addicted people leading the guilds on it.

Red99 is like if someone opens one of those extra family size Doritos chip bags at a party, if you stand close enough to it you get to eat and devour more chips than others but the other 90 people in the room get turned off you so you just stand in the corner devouring the dips and crackers wondering why no one wants to come over to the snack table.

Love the server but it needs a wipe before it needs 5 new players. (There's a reason why the pop went from 300 to 80-100 and has one of the easiest guilds to get loot in it running it now.)
Last edited by Beastagoog; 10-16-2017 at 05:44 PM..
Old 10-16-2017, 06:52 PM
VIP / Contributor

Facts about Red99:

Red99 is much better than it was a year ago and only a few things have changed.

Global OOC is vigorously enforced. If you say something dumb that is against the rules your ability to login could pay the price.

As for the other thing, I added some rules from this thread to stop the constant griefing some players called "PvP".

As for the last thing, well I can't talk about player suspensions and bans openly so I will let you read between the lines.

Red99 does have PvP, and also has the occasional twinked griefer to log on and attempt to kill you in high traffic zones (MM, CoM). But its very rare these days.

In closing I will say, most of the negative stuff you see posted on these forums these days about red99 are players that don't even play anymore. These players post garble and other things because they don't want you to login and give red99 a try. This is because they are hoping the population will get down low enough where the staff will wipe the server and start red99 over. This will never happen. So basically you can believe a staff member or you can believe the server trolls wanting a wipe.

Cylock the Halfing Slayer
Last edited by Cylock; 10-16-2017 at 06:55 PM..
Old 10-16-2017, 07:05 PM
Fire Giant

There were groups in MM pretty consistently during the evenings last week, I bet the same happens this week.

Give Red a try, what's the worst that can happen, you lose a couple of hours of your life to a video game you're already playing? Who knows you might even make a new set of friends to go on adventures with, or enemies you love to hate.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Facts about Red99:

Red99 is much better than it was a year ago and only a few things have changed.

Global OOC is vigorously enforced. If you say something dumb that is against the rules your ability to login could pay the price.

As for the other thing, I added some rules from this thread to stop the constant griefing some players called "PvP".

As for the last thing, well I can't talk about player suspensions and bans openly so I will let you read between the lines.

Red99 does have PvP, and also has the occasional twinked griefer to log on and attempt to kill you in high traffic zones (MM, CoM). But its very rare these days.

In closing I will say, most of the negative stuff you see posted on these forums these days about red99 are players that don't even play anymore. These players post garble and other things because they don't want you to login and give red99 a try. This is because they are hoping the population will get down low enough where the staff will wipe the server and start red99 over. This will never happen. So basically you can believe a staff member or you can believe the server trolls wanting a wipe.
Praise it!

(Although a wipe would be like so gotdamn fun)
Old 10-16-2017, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The end game guild truly does want more people. Everyone playing on Red wants more people because the server unites as one to down content and they are always looking to replenish active raiders. You can view that as a good thing or a sick pathetic thing but if you are looking for someone to hold your hand and drag you to 60 you will get it on Red. They need people to log in and help raid that have 0 DKP to help get more gear for current members.
lol, this is so wrong its not even funny

MY guild is doing just fine, im doing this to get other guilds on the server that do the same stuff

it could be fun to have some non toxic competition
Old 10-16-2017, 07:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clazxiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Terrible hypothetical. Regardless of what religion people are, you can't argue that the soapbox preaching is a terrible failure. It worked for Jesus, Mohamed, Moses, Buddha, Joseph Smith, and Richard Dawkins. Their preaching awarded them literal portions of the planet. What was just crazy babbling became ways of life for millions and billions of people.

You're literally no different than a religious man showing up to a Dawkin's atheist rally to discredit his preaching, and vice versa.

You can even replace religion with politics for your hypothetical.

Why not respect other people's opinion and I don't know, PLAY EVERQUEST!?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, its a great hypothetical you crazy red fanatic. Also, I didn't say that soapbox preaching occasionally doesn't work. You picked the few moments where it does, but for every 1 successful preacher there are 1,000,000 that are just annoying, much like yourself. So why dont you keep the red preaching in your own chat.

Also, why don't you come up with something more original rather than stealing from my hypotheticals.
Last edited by wwoneo; 10-16-2017 at 07:52 PM..
Closed Thread