Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

It's probably not as good as Winters Fury, and requires bumming along on a sky raid or two, but I think Dagas pairs well visually with the Fist of Zek (both being vanilla graphics).
Old 05-22-2018, 12:48 PM
Banned

staff of battle honestly will do you solidly until you can get a raid loot all of your own off the corpse of a dragon

you don't need to spend 16k on a reaver [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-22-2018, 03:02 PM
Kobold

JimJam - I would love to get Dagas, but my guild Anonymous raids Sky on Wednesdays, and I basically never get home from work by the time we start - it's a bummer.

MagpieRockyl - That might honestly be the best bet - getting another Staff of Battle. I had one for a while but accidentally vendored it like a total champ lol.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Is that how much they cost!? How illegal would it be to disarm and ground loot a reaver?

I of corse acquire mine legitimately, as a law abiding hobbit.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:18 PM
Banned

@jimjam there should be nothing stopping the disarm -> pickup. people used to do it on noble in sky for the knuckles.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:54 AM
Banned

Wait.. warrior trip attack at 60? *mind explodes*
Old 05-24-2018, 06:36 AM
Planar Protector

If I (rarely) find myself just dpsing and not tanking I carry around a jade mace and 2 bloodpoijts. In groups the bloodpoints do alright damage, are low threat, and keep me from ever needing the healer to waste a drop of mana keeping me full. If I manage to pull aggro temporarily — great. Spreads the damage out and I still won’t need a heal.

If I was on a raid not tanking ... and accidental aggro would be bad news? Staff of battle works until you get a better ratio 2hander. There are some nice higher ratio 1handers out there but a pair of those would be a lot more expensive than a single decent 2hander. When the next big patch drops 2hander will 100% be the way to go for lower threat solid dps in a not tanking role.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 05-24-2018, 10:47 AM
Kobold

What up Troxx / Ronadrum!

Part of the reason I'm leaning towards a Winter''s Fury is that I can eventually pass it down to a rogue alt I've just started playing for a solid offhand.

Will probs just buy another Staff of Battle, or if I find a deal, a decent ratio Velium 2hs
Old 05-24-2018, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I (rarely) find myself just dpsing and not tanking I carry around a jade mace and 2 bloodpoijts. In groups the bloodpoints do alright damage, are low threat, and keep me from ever needing the healer to waste a drop of mana keeping me full. If I manage to pull aggro temporarily — great. Spreads the damage out and I still won’t need a heal.

If I was on a raid not tanking ... and accidental aggro would be bad news? Staff of battle works until you get a better ratio 2hander. There are some nice higher ratio 1handers out there but a pair of those would be a lot more expensive than a single decent 2hander. When the next big patch drops 2hander will 100% be the way to go for lower threat solid dps in a not tanking role.
what in the next patch will improve 2h for warriors?

we already have triple attk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-24-2018, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

New melee table
Closed Thread