Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 04:34 PM
Aviak

Default 16 Druid Charming Trouble

As the title says, I'm level 16 on my druid and I'm having trouble charming in EK.

The gorge hounds break my spells too easily, and the chasm crawlers are somewhat sparse.

Is there another area that I can charm kill or is this the best place and I just have to suck it up until the gorge hounds start going LB and green?

Please help!
Old 02-27-2017, 05:15 PM
Kobold

16 might be a bit tough, I think i went there on my druid at 18. Probably better off hitting up Oasis crocs/caimans until 18 then returning to EK.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
16 might be a bit tough, I think i went there on my druid at 18. Probably better off hitting up Oasis crocs/caimans until 18 then returning to EK.
That or (closer by) I think the elephant calfs near aviak town in South Karana should be doable at 16.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:33 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the replies!

Crocs were a good option, they seem to be somewhat plentiful but once groups start moving in I feel obligated to give up my spot.

Elephant calfs were pretty few and far between which made things difficult.

I ended up going back to EK and hanging out more on the HHK ramp side of the zone rather than the bridge side and had a bit more luck.

Also, a big factor is my comfort with using the charming method. Root-rotting is super easy but pretty slow and inefficient at my level. Even charming can seem slow but I'm coming from leveling a bard recently, so everything is slow by comparison.

EK is probably best for later levels, as was said in the thread. Those gorge hounds are mean and even the lions get annoying as they prance by and take a swat at me.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:13 AM
Fire Giant

For my druid using mediocre gear and a Springwood club, I just straight up tanked my way to 20. Cast thorns on myself, pull with stinging swarm, hit the spyglass to clear gems, cast flame lick, and swing. Mid fight I'd drop a snare to prevent running, if necessary. I could dust 3-4 dark blues and then hit Treeform for the cheap regen while I med for the next round after 6 min.

Level 20 gave me more options of animals I could charm that were barely dark blue or just into the upper green side so that my charm was (mostly) reliable.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:08 AM
Fire Giant

One advice for charming: Don't charm mobs close to your level if you want to keep them for more than a few seconds. Charming gorge hounds is great... if you are like level 19.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:49 PM
Kobold

I got 20-24 in one day on gorge hounds. Once you outlevel them by a decent margin, they won't break charm and you can burn through 6-8 of them in a full mana pool. Super fun and quick XP
Old 02-28-2017, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got 20-24 in one day on gorge hounds. Once you outlevel them by a decent margin, they won't break charm and you can burn through 6-8 of them in a full mana pool. Super fun and quick XP
Did this also on my second druid, found them to be decent XP.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:59 PM
Fire Giant

Charm is very affected by level. it's much more efficient to kill lots of low level stuff than trying to kill a few high level ones.
Closed Thread