Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-14-2011, 02:19 AM
Large Rat

I am trying to log in after using your installer and am getting an error, then crashing. I played with few issues before by following the directions on the getting started forum, until I had a message when logging in today that I needed to update my spell book. I found your installer and liked a lot of what I saw so decided to use it in general, and to fix my spell book issue.

The message I am getting is after selecting the p-1999 server and clicking, "play Everquest"
It read:
The instruction at 0x10001c6b referenced memory at 0x00000018. The memory could not be read.
Then i click ok and it shuts down.

Am I missing something and this is an easy fix or do I need to go back to the old method of setting things up with my EQ Titanium to play on P-1999? Any help greatly appreciated, even if it's an, "I dunno..."

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2011, 03:53 AM
Fire Giant

v0.10 - skipped in order to get versions in sync with spellfile releases.
v0.11 - skipped in order to get versions in sync with spellfile releases.

v0.12 - August 13, 2011
- Updated to support new spellfile (v12) released August 13, 2011
- Added eqgame.dll and wsock32.dll to (1,13) as they are now required by the server and are provided with the new spellfile.
Last edited by Chrushev; 08-14-2011 at 11:39 PM..
Old 08-14-2011, 03:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kptogia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am trying to log in after using your installer and am getting an error, then crashing. I played with few issues before by following the directions on the getting started forum, until I had a message when logging in today that I needed to update my spell book. I found your installer and liked a lot of what I saw so decided to use it in general, and to fix my spell book issue.

The message I am getting is after selecting the p-1999 server and clicking, "play Everquest"
It read:
The instruction at 0x10001c6b referenced memory at 0x00000018. The memory could not be read.
Then i click ok and it shuts down.

Am I missing something and this is an easy fix or do I need to go back to the old method of setting things up with my EQ Titanium to play on P-1999? Any help greatly appreciated, even if it's an, "I dunno..."

Thanks!
Sounds like the resolution is set improperly.. run the installer again and choose "change resolution option" try picking windowed if that runs fine and you want to do fullscreen then run it again, pick fullscreen and make sure you select your monitor's default resolution... you can also edit the eqgame.ini and put in those values manually.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Large Rat

I had thought of that and had the res set to my monitor's default, I also tried windowed mode... I'll fiddle with it some more, maybe I am missing something...
Thanks for the reply!
Old 08-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Large Rat

I have changed the res to fit my monitors default and I have run it in Windowed. Neither has worked. I even uninstalled and reinstalled... Is there possibly something else before I abandon your installer?
Old 08-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Skeleton

how long after a patch or hotfix does it take for you to update the all in one installer? not complaining just curious as it is the only way i update after a patch, cuz i am newb with comps.

Thanks,
Madprops
Old 08-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Kobold

I'm right there with you CrotchCricket. The Duxa installer is amazing for people like me. I go messing around trying to do anything and I would probably screw it all up and have to start from scratch haha.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Fire Giant

Usually within 24 hours it's updated.. Sometimes it takes an extra day if I'm out of town etc... Basically pretty quickly after an update.

I always update the first post with the latest version and update the changelist at the end of the first post... you can also look at the post's date to see when it was updated or in the changelist.
Last edited by Chrushev; 08-14-2011 at 11:37 PM..
Old 08-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kptogia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have changed the res to fit my monitors default and I have run it in Windowed. Neither has worked. I even uninstalled and reinstalled... Is there possibly something else before I abandon your installer?
When you ran the installer did you choose option (1)? If not, try that...

What version of windows are you on? Also where is the game installed? Is it in program files?

If so, move it.. Just drag and drop into c:\EverQuest\ and run the installer again with selecting option 1.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Fire Giant

v0.13 - August 14, 2011
- Updated to support new spellfile (v13) released August 14, 2011