Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 04:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowyabeastlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Find me in game. Fleamarkit. I normally don’t buy items worth under 500p but I’ll consider it to help a new player out.
Can attest - this guy is doing a great job at taking the crap that hardly sells.

Sure, he's making a profit...but would you be able to sell it otherwise? prob not

Also, try leveling in spots where there's more vendor drops than lore / EC tunnel items. I love me some NG still to this day simply because of all the 0.1 wt gems that vendor for up to 200 plat a piece.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, try leveling in spots where there's more vendor drops than lore / EC tunnel items. I love me some NG still to this day simply because of all the 0.1 wt gems that vendor for up to 200 plat a piece.
This. If you choose to ignore my previous advice about leveling vs. earning loot (and earning loot is fun, so I wouldn't blame you if you did) I highly recommend the Treasure Hunting Guide on the wiki (link in my signature).

It lists all of the vendor-loot spots (like NG), separately from all of the item-loot spots.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this is a big part of your problem. Because of this server's 8+ years and resulting inflated economy, a big chunk of characters are twinks who will never use what you're selling. Another big chunk might use what you're selling ... if a higher level character hadn't already given them something better. And another big chunk, the "fat cats" will buy what you're selling, but only at greatly reduced prices. Finally, yet another chunk could use what you're selling, but they're in ALS or otherwise want to earn it themselves

That leaves you with a relatively small percentage of the server that even might want what you have to sell. The percentage certainly does exist, but you just can't expect them to all be hanging out in EC right when you are selling, which is why I think you'll have to resign yourself to either spending more time in EC, or getting less plat for your goods.

My advice: don't get tricked in to worrying about loot at low levels at all, because it's a suckers game. Loot (with a few exceptions) does not make you level faster! All loot generally does is increase maxes, but it doesn't increase your DPS rate (key to melee leveling) or mana regen rate (key for casters). A good weapon and haste item do affect how fast melees level ... but only if you solo. In a group any one character's gear really barely impacts the group: even if you're a tank, whether you have an extra 100 AC or not just won't change how fast your group kills. However leveling does help you get loot noticeably faster.

So I say, get the minimal gear you need (for non-tanks this is more or less just whatever you loot as you level), and go get XP. Soon enough you will be higher level, and then you can make plat much more easily.
I forgot to mention that my main is 59 Necro. =/
Old 05-15-2018, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Oh, heh, the fact that you said you were selling low value items made me think you were lower level. In that case by all means please ignore my "lowbies wasting effort on loot" spiel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Instead, I think the solution is simple: go for higher value item camps that sell easier (or else go for the rare high level cash camp like NG)! I know Howling Stones is very popular among Necros for exactly that, and the treasure hunting guide has other ideas too.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-15-2018 at 07:30 PM..
Old 05-15-2018, 08:22 PM
Sarnak

As others said: http://ahungry.com/eqauctions-live

And a forum post.

The forum post in particular is afk selling. People either contact you or they don't -- it takes you 30 seconds to bump your post.

If you want to sell in EC but don't want to spend time in EC, then you need to sell at a huge discount or just get lucky with having a buyer there and paying attention the moment you spam your auction.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:19 PM
Aviak

Good advice in this thread. Thanks all. Will focus on higher ticket items with known demand in the future and a forum post. =)
Old 05-15-2018, 11:16 PM
Fire Giant

Lower prices. Undercut hard.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:06 AM
Sarnak

Focus on the high value items. Most of the stuff from HS, for example, never sells or if it does, for 50-100pp.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of the stuff from HS, for example, never sells or if it does, for 50-100pp.
Oh, I thought HS, or at least the West and South wings (with Rapier of Oriin, Sash of the Dragonborn, etc.) were pretty decent. I've never actually done HS for loot myself though, I just heard good things.

Old 05-16-2018, 02:13 AM
Sarnak

Those things do, but you get a fair few trashy drops in there. I think it was (like most things) better years ago.
Closed Thread