Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: Do you believe ooc and auction should be returned to zone-only?
YES! I want ooc/auction to be per zone only. 383 52.39%
NO! I want ooc/auction to remain global wide. 348 47.61%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Global Out of Character is so very useful:
  1. For LFG, so few people use the flag when looking for group.
  2. For finding a teleport or specific bluff (Clarity/SoW.) So many capable of them go anonymous.
These are just conveniences people can deal without. /LFG on, /anon off.
I started opening night and NOBODY was binding, sowing, casting clarity, or porting. This game is playable without such conveniences.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkskog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get rid of it. We've all been suckling the global channel teat long enough, the milks gone bad.

I am willing to bet upwards of 99% of the people who play on this server have played Everquest before. Those who haven't were likely brought onto the server by friends who can help them get started up. I am sick of hearing the argument that there are all these sad helpless nooblets who will lose their corpses to firebeetles and never come back again because they can't tell every single person on the server about it. We all started fresh at some point and we made it. It's not a complicated game, especially at level 1. We boast about how strong and helpful our server community is, but the minute someone mentions global OOC being removed a big argument ensues about how disastrously difficult starting a new character will be. Trust me, I've played with enough shitty 40+ people to tell you that these morons who apparently can't be counted on to find their level 1 spells are in fact leveling.

I played a lot of EQ and I still have tons of questions about new classes and places I'm trying out. If I am a necromancer and I can't find my level 20 pet, I /tell a necromancer and they promptly inform me it's in Grobb. There is a lot of help if you actually talk to people rather than tossing a question into a channel where you don't even look at names anymore.

Global OOC was intended to foster the sense of community on a server which was expected to have maybe 150 people on it at peak time. It has since turned into an overcrowded barrens chat with the occasional message of unkempt Mexican testicles being shoved in your mouth with 20 people shouting "And I love it!" after. It's starting to make Flaming Gaze guild chat look like a republican convention.

For those who say turn off global channels if we don't like it, it doesn't work. If these were chat channels like Level 1-20, Druid, or whatever else they have now it wouldn't be a problem. But you can't have an integral part of the game included in the shit-fest that is global channels and then tell people to turn it off if they don't like it. It's like implementing PoK and telling people if they don't like it they can still use the boat. I also am astounded that people are actually whining that they would have to run to Neriak or NFP from EC to go to the bank, holy shit...

Seriously, when these lame global channels are finally removed and everyone is done foaming at the mouth like crack addicts cut off from their junk, we'll all gather in the EC tunnel and laugh,talk, trade and train Sargeant Slate all the while wondering why we hung onto those stupid channels for so long.
IMHO Myrkskog wins The Quote For Truth; Greatest Post Ever Award.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ad hominem is logical, right?
Logical or not, it's true, and you know it.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I switched to this server from the VZ/TZ PVP server not only because of the population, but because of how active and friendly /ooc was in comparison. I could ask questions without fear of a smart-ass response as per usual on VZ/TZ.
LOL that's funny...

Nilbog - LFG and trade won't take too big a hit from this, cause there are tools to counter this - /lfg on/off - /who all LFG - /auction - using a main trading hub.

It's porting and brand newbies that will take a hit from this.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 05-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

YES!
Old 05-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
It's porting and brand newbies that will take a hit from this.
i think it will be good for the new players seeing EC as it was back in the day
Old 05-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

Someone in OOC had a pretty good idea. Why don't we turn global channels off for a few days, then do another poll, and see if everyone feels the same? That way nothing is just hypothesizing and we could see what happens and could decide if it's the prudent choice.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Aviak

who are these brand new newbies who have no idea how to play eq? i find it hard to believe many people (or anyone) is playing this that hasn't played eq before. and if they are, then it's because they have a friend or family member who introduced them to it.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

Landis makes a good point. How many people out there that have never played EQ are saying, hey, an 11 year old game! Let's try it out!?

soup also has a good idea I think: do it on a trial basis, and see how it works out after a few days, maybe a couple of weeks.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Large Rat

is /lfg a classic thing? if we get rid of ooc and auction, why not that too?
Closed Thread