Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

Default .

The only thing that really makes everquest fun, is that you know and "hate" your enemy.

The reason it is so fun to get a kill, is because the other team can create this illusion.

Other MMOs lack this, by not allowing peoples more sinister side to come out, you have a bland, very simple, and boring game for the most part.

I personally have fun with an "everything goes " policy , its very easy to ignore people in game, and on forums as well.

One simple click.

I've joked around with trying to rule lawyer people to death, but it really is a waste of time. People I dont like. I ignore. There is no need for rules on speech.
Last edited by pgerman; 07-15-2015 at 05:46 PM..
Old 07-15-2015, 05:48 PM
Fire Giant

In the past, I didn't like YT. I don't have any problems with it now, though, and view it as a tool. Sure, some people epeen off it, but they'd find another way.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4EQWASCOOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the past, I didn't like YT. I don't have any problems with it now, though, and view it as a tool. Sure, some people epeen off it, but they'd find another way.
ftfy
Old 07-15-2015, 06:59 PM
Kobold

Easy, your points were well thought out and in many ways valid, but YT is not the problem really. It's a matter of cause and effect, and what you are lobbying to remove is just the effect and not the cause. Hell, the leaderboards have probably done more of the damage you mentioned than YT ever could on its own.
The sad truth is that the cause is the people that play here. We're not the best of the best, but more often the most addicted of the junkies. People in general tend to perceive themselves inferior in some way and because of that feel the need to not only prove themselves superior to another but to be recognized by others as such. It is a fundamental part of our nature and everyone experiences it, though, some lie and delude themselves that they do not and are therefore superior....

There are hatreds and animosities built over years on Red that players get sucked into and then help perpetuate. Things like the stupid fucking praising the death of your "enemies" fosters more ill will than the death or the YT. And it's all bullshit posturing and acting in the end anyway, which has been proven repeatedly when people considered despicable switch sides and become BFFs overnight. We all care what others think of us and at some point act like idiotic children because of it. I can point out multiple examples of it in this topic alone.

We're responsible for our actions, not a bit of coding that says who died and who killed them. Most MMOs involving pvp have something like YT, especially first-person shooters, and I cannot recall anyone ever having accused it of being bad for Call of Duty or Battlefield.
I don't get mad about dying or bitch at my attackers, and I will even defend their right to kill me if others do. Not a single one of us will ever be better than the next person, or they better than us because of EQ. It's a mind-blowing concept, I know, and I call it maturity. Let me repeat that in bold letters MATURITY.
There is nothing else that could be added or taken away that would benefit us all more. So please, try proving to yourself that you're superior to the dick you were instead of trying to prove to others that a game makes you better than someone else. We are all the problem, myself included, and pointing fingers at pretty much every single thing except ourselves hasn't helped us once in three years.

Too Long? Didn't Read? I got you covered, 'lil fella.

We all have some bit of maturity locked inside, so let that fucker out. Feed it, nuture it, take that shit for long walks around Norrath. Eventually it will be beneficial to you, everyone you know and anyone you meet in the future.

Cidisius - 60 Shaman (Max Alchemy)
Neefin - 60 Druid
Yawgmoth - 60 Necromancer (184 Research)
Colt - 56 Magician (184 Research)
Hannibal - 55 Monk
Urza - 53 Wizard (175 Research)
Dealer - 47 Enchanter (250 Jewelcrafting, 165 Research)
Last edited by Cid; 07-15-2015 at 07:06 PM..
Old 07-15-2015, 07:15 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-15-2015, 07:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Easy, your points were well thought out and in many ways valid, but YT is not the problem really. It's a matter of cause and effect, and what you are lobbying to remove is just the effect and not the cause. Hell, the leaderboards have probably done more of the damage you mentioned than YT ever could on its own.
The sad truth is that the cause is the people that play here. We're not the best of the best, but more often the most addicted of the junkies. People in general tend to perceive themselves inferior in some way and because of that feel the need to not only prove themselves superior to another but to be recognized by others as such. It is a fundamental part of our nature and everyone experiences it, though, some lie and delude themselves that they do not and are therefore superior....

There are hatreds and animosities built over years on Red that players get sucked into and then help perpetuate. Things like the stupid fucking praising the death of your "enemies" fosters more ill will than the death or the YT. And it's all bullshit posturing and acting in the end anyway, which has been proven repeatedly when people considered despicable switch sides and become BFFs overnight. We all care what others think of us and at some point act like idiotic children because of it. I can point out multiple examples of it in this topic alone.

We're responsible for our actions, not a bit of coding that says who died and who killed them. Most MMOs involving pvp have something like YT, especially first-person shooters, and I cannot recall anyone ever having accused it of being bad for Call of Duty or Battlefield.
I don't get mad about dying or bitch at my attackers, and I will even defend their right to kill me if others do. Not a single one of us will ever be better than the next person, or they better than us because of EQ. It's a mind-blowing concept, I know, and I call it maturity. Let me repeat that in bold letters MATURITY.
There is nothing else that could be added or taken away that would benefit us all more. So please, try proving to yourself that you're superior to the dick you were instead of trying to prove to others that a game makes you better than someone else. We are all the problem, myself included, and pointing fingers at pretty much every single thing except ourselves hasn't helped us once in three years.

Too Long? Didn't Read? I got you covered, 'lil fella.

We all have some bit of maturity locked inside, so let that fucker out. Feed it, nuture it, take that shit for long walks around Norrath. Eventually it will be beneficial to you, everyone you know and anyone you meet in the future.
I read your full post, and I understand your points. I do disagree that players on red are any different from players of other MMOs. I believe that the game creates the community, and not the other way around.

EQ is the only MMO I've ever seen do PvP right. The reason: it matters. Since EQ has only one instance, PvP determines who gets the raid loot each week. On a smaller scale, you can run people out of your area when you want to farm a dungeon or boss. That's awesome; I wish all PvP servers on all MMOs did this, instead of just EQ. It makes PvP actually matter and ties it to the game's central goal: progression.

For me, the server's about PvP, so I'm against anything that leads people to avoid PvP or participate in skill-less PvP (looking for low HP ganks rather than engaging in actual fights). Tracking who has the most kills is one of those things, and we've seen its effects on MOBAs often enough; everyone wants to play carry and nobody plays support. I don't think CoD is a fair example because it doesn't really have classes. Everyone's role in CoD is to kill the other side, and doing so is how you win.

So, in short, I understand your points and respect your stance. YT started as a symptom and is hardly the worst thing about the server, I just don't think it adds to the experience.
Last edited by easy_lee; 07-15-2015 at 07:20 PM..
Old 07-15-2015, 07:23 PM
Banned

Zerging controls who gets the loot sorry
Old 07-15-2015, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

dis about to get out of control with walls of text

repeal both PnP and Lns

move to resolved
Old 07-15-2015, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dis about to get out of control with walls of text

repeal both PnP and Lns

move to resolved
Old 07-15-2015, 07:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumped [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zerging controls who gets the loot sorry
Currently, yes. But we've also seen instances where a smaller force is able to beat a larger force and take the mob. We should be finding ways to create that kind of competition rather than encouraging a zerg.

Sadly, one of the biggest factors encouraging zerg tactics right now is the lack of teams. In a system where there are no enforced teams, it makes sense for the most geared players to all join the same guild and take whatever they want. If we had factions, and different factions couldn't group up, then the zerg tactics would be less common. They would still happen, as one faction always seems to get in the lead, they just wouldn't happen as much.

One positive thing about this community is that people contest zergs at all. I never thought I would see that happen here due to the rules encouraging zergs. I've been very impressed with some of the things I've seen and participated in.
Closed Thread