Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 06:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhbuh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
an event for lower levels would inevitably bring the fungi epic twinks out, too.

an interesting event was that one where they were throwing out server wide riddles and people had to guess which zone something was in

it's gonna be kind of hard to make an event that doesn't just inherently favor Empire. they have the most players, the best geared players (and even better geared alts than 95% of TMO), better organization, etc.

the only reason the riddle one worked in the little guy's favor over Nihilum during that time is because you had to pick the right zones, where they had to pick the wrong ones. otherwise their force would've pushed us out. Empire can easily bully TMO out of zones to take whatever mob/ encounter you have in mind for events.

the only real way to solve that problem is having 2 + teams with people from all different guilds intermixed and working together on some encounter.
One solution would be to give out prizes that the BiS dont give a shit about, repeatedly, so they stop showing up to grief the new bloods because they got better things to do, although that is likely to happen anyway. Just make it happen on the fly and be done by the time the griefers can log in their alts and move in there. At the same time that Velious is released and vets all busy doing Velious stuff would be good timing to start doing those.

Since server doesnt seem to have resources to do the halloween style event, would be nice to check the stats that were on those items and make similar items available for the newbs, almost massively, so they can handle twinks better. That was one crucial reason i decided to stick it out on Rallos, that i had this gear to fight twinks with.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 07-24-2015 at 06:24 PM..
Old 07-24-2015, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
capture the dark elf mask seems to be the consensus
That's all I want Id cut myself
Old 07-24-2015, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guide.Chroma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Words and stuff
Ya but what about my scavenger hunt idea

???
Old 07-24-2015, 08:12 PM
Banned

Does guise buff stack with AoN?
Old 07-25-2015, 04:14 PM
Banned

On the repops idea.

Add something along the lines of killing a mob in a zone has a 1/1000 chance to cause that zone to repop.

killing any mob on the server has a 1 / 10000 chance to cause a server repop. or make some type of script which in game actions can cause a chance for sim repops but make the means unknown.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal idea

Also create and summon Boss's that are too powerful for one guild to fight. Make a boss that all major players would have to team up to kill. This would lead to enemies working together, could be fun, and maybe lower levels of toxicity on server realizing we all love same game.

PvP Ideas:

Tag Team Battle: 1 partner from Empire 1 Partner from Tmo in a tournement fashion. Teams would be completely random.

I think server events should work to bring the server together, with corruption, rmt scandals, RL trash talk, training etc. We could use events as a way to bring the server together for some well needed healing.

I've done several events, and so have other players, Even these events held by players would have 30 people show up with very little notice. Please give any of these ideas thought thanks!
Old 07-25-2015, 04:25 PM
Banned

cringing hard at all these "repop" suggestions.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:04 PM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One solution would be to give out prizes that the BiS dont give a shit about, repeatedly, so they stop showing up to grief the new bloods because they got better things to do, although that is likely to happen anyway. Just make it happen on the fly and be done by the time the griefers can log in their alts and move in there. At the same time that Velious is released and vets all busy doing Velious stuff would be good timing to start doing those.

Since server doesnt seem to have resources to do the halloween style event, would be nice to check the stats that were on those items and make similar items available for the newbs, almost massively, so they can handle twinks better. That was one crucial reason i decided to stick it out on Rallos, that i had this gear to fight twinks with.
After talking with Sirken it looks like those sorts of items are more likely than I thought. I have a small list to work from (no you can't have it), so more planning is in the works for new player oriented events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya but what about my scavenger hunt idea

???
I'm reading all these posts and taking note, just not giving a yes or no to every single idea.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:36 PM
Banned

can you summon random folks to the karanas, and scale them up so they are suuuper huge and then say last one standing wins a Bixie pie
Old 07-25-2015, 11:30 PM
Kobold

It was mentioned to randomly pair members of opposing guilds together for a tournament type competition. This is an intriguing idea, but it would probably be better to increase the party size to 4 or a full group of 6 people, randomly chosen.
Regardless of the teams, some people are going to start fighting, insulting and blaming each other, especially people with huge egos that cannot admit or even believe they could make a mistake. At least with 4 or 6 person groups the rest of the team could potentially overcome one bad apple. A two person team might be screwed before they even start. 3v3 or 5v5 is ok too, but an even number could help prevent one person, or guild being the odd man out and being ignored/out-voted.

Getting people to work together for a common goal would be great for everyone. The trash talking and animosity is just posturing anyway. Switch guilds and you can go from nemesis to BFF overnight.
Even if it's just for bragging rights, people will do it. It's easy to play with buddies in your comfort zone, but when you have to improvise and adapt to overcome it is a much better showcase of skills.

Just redoing the Best of the Best tournaments for each class would be nice too. The originals were held at the same time as they were for Blue I believe and the population was pretty much shitty back then. I know the Pally BotB had 3 people, that's it. At least a few more were single digit participants. And I know for a fact that at least in the Mage botb that a bug/exploit with pet weapons was used to make them duel wield 2hand weapons.
All in all the BotB matches on Red were a mockery of what they were intended to be and I think that Red now has the playerbase and the characters to restart them without it being as sad as some were before.

I'm not sure yet what to do to get the new people and lower level players involved. I skimmed the topic so someone might have already thought up great ideas. I'd be happy to offer my assistance and even PLing services as a prize. I would gladly donate items if I had anything my toons weren't using, but what newbie wouldn't love to have a druid/shaman/enchanter to watch over their group with a cleric just in case?

Just let me know if you need/want me to help with the lower level stuff. Helping people is quite literally what I do, and I genuinely enjoy it. I would love to see lvl 60s forced to work with each other instead of fighting over guild tags but I don't wish to participate in the nerdrage.

I would mediate fights if asked, I am excellent at conflict resolution, but I don't care who the best is at EQ. It's like finding out who the best ninja with Parkinson's is, but far less entertaining. =)

Cidisius - 60 Shaman (Max Alchemy)
Neefin - 60 Druid
Yawgmoth - 60 Necromancer (184 Research)
Colt - 56 Magician (184 Research)
Hannibal - 55 Monk
Urza - 53 Wizard (175 Research)
Dealer - 47 Enchanter (250 Jewelcrafting, 165 Research)
Old 07-26-2015, 01:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was mentioned to randomly pair members of opposing guilds together for a tournament type competition. This is an intriguing idea, but it would probably be better to increase the party size to 4 or a full group of 6 people, randomly chosen.
Regardless of the teams, some people are going to start fighting, insulting and blaming each other, especially people with huge egos that cannot admit or even believe they could make a mistake. At least with 4 or 6 person groups the rest of the team could potentially overcome one bad apple. A two person team might be screwed before they even start. 3v3 or 5v5 is ok too, but an even number could help prevent one person, or guild being the odd man out and being ignored/out-voted.

Getting people to work together for a common goal would be great for everyone. The trash talking and animosity is just posturing anyway. Switch guilds and you can go from nemesis to BFF overnight.
Even if it's just for bragging rights, people will do it. It's easy to play with buddies in your comfort zone, but when you have to improvise and adapt to overcome it is a much better showcase of skills.

Just redoing the Best of the Best tournaments for each class would be nice too. The originals were held at the same time as they were for Blue I believe and the population was pretty much shitty back then. I know the Pally BotB had 3 people, that's it. At least a few more were single digit participants. And I know for a fact that at least in the Mage botb that a bug/exploit with pet weapons was used to make them duel wield 2hand weapons.
All in all the BotB matches on Red were a mockery of what they were intended to be and I think that Red now has the playerbase and the characters to restart them without it being as sad as some were before.

I'm not sure yet what to do to get the new people and lower level players involved. I skimmed the topic so someone might have already thought up great ideas. I'd be happy to offer my assistance and even PLing services as a prize. I would gladly donate items if I had anything my toons weren't using, but what newbie wouldn't love to have a druid/shaman/enchanter to watch over their group with a cleric just in case?

Just let me know if you need/want me to help with the lower level stuff. Helping people is quite literally what I do, and I genuinely enjoy it. I would love to see lvl 60s forced to work with each other instead of fighting over guild tags but I don't wish to participate in the nerdrage.

I would mediate fights if asked, I am excellent at conflict resolution, but I don't care who the best is at EQ. It's like finding out who the best ninja with Parkinson's is, but far less entertaining. =)

wtb cliff notes lol tldr