Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 11:08 PM
Kobold

What about the 2 koalandi in Qey? Can those be camped by single very rude people?

[Famalin Wisdomseed - High Elf Wizard - Quellious - 99 to 01]
Old 10-29-2019, 11:08 PM
Server GM

There's two basic zone categories.
Open outdoor zones and dungeon type zones.

Open outdoor zones could be anything from the Karanas, Wastes or Commons.

Dungeon type zones could be anything from MM, COM, hhk, Guks, or Sebilis.

These are very basic guidelines when it comes to camps in this game.

For open outdoor zones you can claim a single spawn point. This may include SF, Hadden or OOT AC. If you're camping these mobs you need to get FTE within a reasonable amount of time.

For dungeon type zones our general guideline is line of sight(LOS)/agro range. This works for pretty much everything. Couple exemptions may be Fungi King or Captain in Karnors because it's not exactly practical to camp on top or within LOS/agro range of their spawns.

Also keep in mind, above is how we as staff see it. There's also player defined camps out there we don't enforce but HIGHLY encourage players follow. Player defined camps may include Sisters in lfay or Gnoll Spires in SK.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ostcount=12%7C

Outdoor area = can camp 1 spawn.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:11 PM
Fire Giant

Galach kindly chimed in and backed up my understanding of it, here's some carefully archived information on the current P1999 hokey pokey.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules

http://wiki.project1999.com/Rulings

Enjoy. It's my sincerest hope that all 3 to 3.5 k total players on Green have given them a read.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

One thing I've always wondered about the "can camp 1 spawn point outdoors" rule: if there are 6 players in my group, can each of us camp 1 spawn? And pull it to the group?
Old 10-29-2019, 11:18 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m laughing since on Blue a few months back I said this exact same thing to a Kittens member who was refusing to share not only any of the Kaladim Citizen dwarves, but was also laying claim to the fishermen.

When I discussed this with multiple Kittens officers, their response was essentially to shrug and laugh at me and say good luck if I wanted to try and petition.
This dark elf threatened me with a petition to try and strong arm me, I didn't buy it.

I am still sitting at gnolls and he is long gone.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m laughing since on Blue a few months back I said this exact same thing to a Kittens member who was refusing to share not only any of the Kaladim Citizen dwarves, but was also laying claim to the fishermen.

When I discussed this with multiple Kittens officers, their response was essentially to shrug and laugh at me and say good luck if I wanted to try and petition.
The outdoors 'one player, one spawn point camped' rule was in its infancy when it was applied to me. I was camping dwarves with my old DE necromancer by the docks and was killing all 4 of the visible ones dead and on a timer. Another player showed up and started to attack the spawns as they came in, one at a time, after I had already attacked and pulled a given target. I told the other player to take off, as I had all 4 camped and killed on rotation, and they pretended to not understand English and continued to disrupt my camp.

I made the mistake of petitioning to explain the situation and have the other player move on. Bracknar told me I got to have 2, in this case, since it was a single other player contesting and there were 4 available, but also explained the 'one outdoors' rule. The other player ended up dying repeatedly due to some very strange circumstances that might have involved Feign Death and I moved along the road. It wasn't worth the hassle.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One thing I've always wondered about the "can camp 1 spawn point outdoors" rule: if there are 6 players in my group, can each of us camp 1 spawn? And pull it to the group?
Silly camping rules lol. Ok how about if a group of four is camping a 4x spawn. A single player comes along, then another, then another. Now three players have a spawn point each, and the original four have just one.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:30 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Silly camping rules lol. Ok how about if a group of four is camping a 4x spawn. A single player comes along, then another, then another. Now three players have a spawn point each, and the original four have just one.
Even the ancient Greek philosophers of the times of old could not solve such a conundrum.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly. Surely that isn't fair. If it were, the players in the group would separate into 4 non-grouped players, each killing 1 spawn. Then, they might as well form a group...
Old 10-30-2019, 06:22 AM
Orc

its simple, u gotta be at the spawn to claim it and remain there, if you are pulling it to another spot to kill it for the group then u arent camping it, by your logic you could technically hold more then 1 spawn as a person as well if u just pulled your mob to another spawn spot and killed it there til the next one popped. To hold a outdoor spawn camp you gotta remain at said spawn.
Closed Thread