Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 10:16 AM
Banned

Default How have you made EQ fun for you?

Most of you already know me and what I am all about. Monster PVP'r , creator of the guild Azrael which could only be engaged by Zergs. In addition to that I only PVP'd with elite animals like Deluxee and others. Easily won 2v8's were an every day thing and people loved us for it.

That is how I approached enjoying this box, by doing everything in my power to be a PVP monster and defeat more with less.

Many people take a different approach which is a lot less enjoyable, but they make it work for them. Despite the many shitty aspects of zerging, people get joy from having the ability to kill the content with the good drops, even if they still get rolled over after acquiring said pixels. Below are some examples against being in a large PVE guild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
25 hours a week raiding uncontested pixelated dragons for the 173rd time on a 50 population 14 year old elf simulator with 49 other people that you dislike for the sole purpose of obtaining "dragon kill points" of which only 10% will be rolled over to the next expansion where you'll be raiding 50+ hours a week with 79 other people that you dislike for three years until your character is fully decked out and you reroll to do it all over again or you finally realize that none of it mattered because the server is and has always been completely dead

how shitty is your life? to be completely truthful, i actually feel sorry for you

My question is how have you gone about making Everquest fun for you? Have you done some silly quest with a minimal reward, just for the hell of it. Tried to see if you could find a spot in WK where you can autorun directly into the Queynos hill entrance from the NK ZL? Ran around porting newbs?
Old 10-09-2015, 10:21 AM
Fire Giant

Stop
Old 10-09-2015, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Got muhself a duo buddeh
Old 10-09-2015, 10:27 AM
Banned

I fully support Colgate's quote.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

I have managed to lvl 6 different chars to lvl 46+ with minimum play time... ive spent probably 300k on them 6 chars to have nice gear...eq us fun in general, especially when you don't care about zerging raid content.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:31 AM
Fire Giant

1. Stop worrying about Empire
2. Play with your pals
3. Profit
Old 10-09-2015, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2. Play with your pals
3. Profit
Boom!!!

Old 10-09-2015, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

I just enjoy playing Everquest. The personalities and the drama on this box make me laugh

Backup, Human Druid of the Jaggedpine Treefolk. Defender of Bears. Servant of the secret order of <Charles Bronson>.

Rhuobhe, Human Cleric of the Dismal Rage. Wielder of the sacred Aegis of Life. Semi-retired veteran.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:47 AM
Banned

Was Azrael after Neriak Chess Club and before Friends?

Can't remember. I'm trying to keep all the cool, normal, unique, and doing their own thing playing a game 16 hours a day instead of working but don't don't feel like competing guilds straight for future forum quest accuracy.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2. Play with your pals
3. Profit