Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-17-2013, 09:09 PM
Fire Giant

Can someone send me a good resources folder so I don't have to re-install?
Old 02-18-2013, 01:17 AM
Sarnak

Hey I'm hoping someone can help me. I am on a mac and have had similar probs as others with wineskin not opening and whatnot. have spend days updated wrappers and skins ect. and given up for about 3 months. well I'm trying again and it seems i may have made some progress. I got the wineskin to give me a window with cursor stuck in the middle of screen with what appears to be a functioning first screen. now i understand i need my eqclient to have Windowedmode=true. problem i am having is that my eqclient file only reads 1 line, Sound=TRUE. since i reinstalled multiple times i am sure i wiped any and all of my custom specs so how do i go about getting my Windowedmode=true? anyone have a working copy of that file i can load or how else can i go about this?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yes. Sort of.

The only thing you need to be careful of is, if you copy one folder over another in Finder, everything in the existing folder will be removed and you will only have the contents of the new one.

Sometimes the patches include files with in the Resources folder, so you have to be careful otherwise you'll end up deleting stuff inadvertently.
So when it ask to save over, say no just to be clear?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:26 AM
Fire Giant

Unzip the files, then copy the ones from inside the resources folder to inside of yours. Don't replace the whole folder.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Fire Giant

So unzipping on a mac means? I suck when it comes to computers lol, need it broken down Barney style.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Not_Kazowi

OK. So i followed every little step to install EQ from scratch and directed it to the right eq.exe file and everything.

When i go to open the game it pops up on the dock and then nothing happens, no window ever opens at all. I have created the ini file to use window mode and everything. No clue what to do here.

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks dawgs
Old 02-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Kazowi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OK. So i followed every little step to install EQ from scratch and directed it to the right eq.exe file and everything.

When i go to open the game it pops up on the dock and then nothing happens, no window ever opens at all. I have created the ini file to use window mode and everything. No clue what to do here.

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks dawgs
I am actually encountering the same issue. Repeating the process now just in case i screwed something up.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:46 PM
Banned

installed in a winXP vm just now and updated via EQEMU. Copied the directory over to the OSX side into the package. same behavior. any ideas?
Old 02-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Large Bat

Hey guys

newb here, I installed from these instructions on my rMPP. It works soso, I don't like the mouselook, so I tried it on parallels. It works better over there IMO.

what still gets me, and maybe this is just EQ behavior and I don't remember it, is sometimes I get into this wacky always mouselook state, which means while I am trying to loot I do this crazy nauseating disorienting spin and end up looking straight up.

Is there a way to make it never mouselook unless R Click is held down, or is this just a mac thing? I too am finding that when I get in this mode, sometimes I accelerate out of the window and lose focus too. It's a royal PITA.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Not_Kazowi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximiusM [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am actually encountering the same issue. Repeating the process now just in case i screwed something up.
I had to update the wineskin and its wine tricks or whatever, because the one that comes with the download is not fully compatible with OSX 10.8.2

Try updating wineskin that should fix it, fixed it for me