Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Sol b mostly. I'm certain different mobs have different mr which I assume impacts duration, but my point is just it doesn't seem that bad to me /shrug
Old 02-19-2018, 07:00 PM
Sarnak

Maybe it's just this zone then...or Kunark or some crap.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1203jjt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe it's just this zone then...or Kunark or some crap.
It's just the zone. Kunark mobs in general have normal/sane resists. I could charm in Emerald Jungle just fine, and plenty of druids root/rot dragons in Skyfire (next door to OT) without issue. There's just something unique about the P99 OT code that says "all animal mobs here have +50 (or so) magic resist."

/shrug

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-19-2018 at 07:09 PM..
Old 02-19-2018, 07:22 PM
Sarnak

And it just broke 8 times on a hill giant in NK, forcing me to gate...a white con, which I was only able to get to 70% health because root kept breaking...this is not right.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

I am late to this party but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mobs break root like crazy when you're sub 60 and even very often when you are 60. Malo/Tash line of spells will help with root breaks due to -MR...
Root Break is checked on server ticks, every 6 seconds.

You could land root 1ms before the server tick and have it break instantly.
The topic of root/enstill/immobilize/PE/etc get's brought up a Lot on p99...
Searching the forums you can find dozens of threads on this topic.

---
It's getting to the point in my opinion where all root spells should come with a user warning so these questions stop getting asked so often. (no offense op)
And it's my opinion that the root and charm break chance is not classic, aka happens more than it should.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 02-19-2018 at 07:27 PM..
Old 02-19-2018, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

NPC level plays a large part also. Your root will land and last a longer duration on a NPC that is 5+ levels lower than you, as opposed to one that is even con (as mentioned above) or 1 - 2 levels lower than you.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1203jjt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And it just broke 8 times on a hill giant in NK, forcing me to gate...a white con, which I was only able to get to 70% health because root kept breaking...this is not right.
LOL the fact that you're higher than level 4 and think you should be able to solo even cons without immense effort is what's not right.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am late to this party but...

The topic of root/enstill/immobilize/PE/etc get's brought up a Lot on p99...
Searching the forums you can find dozens of threads on this topic.

---
It's getting to the point in my opinion where all root spells should come with a user warning so these questions stop getting asked so often. (no offense op)
And it's my opinion that the root and charm break chance is not classic, aka happens more than it should.
This just needs to be reposted
This isn't rocket science people: if your name clearly means something non-Everquest-related when most people see it, it doesn't belong. If your name is the same as something obscure that most people have never heard of, it's fine.:
Old 02-19-2018, 08:19 PM
Fire Giant

If you think root sucks here you should have tried playing on live, back then you couldn't even look at a mob and root would break let alone have any source of melee DPS on the rooted mob.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:44 PM
Banned

shit's classic
Closed Thread