Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

True colors show bright on rants and flames
Old 03-02-2018, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

I remember when p99 started and IB wanted to compete, Transcendence wanted a rotation. We gave our reasons and ultimately it went to compete. Then we had poopsocking...then we had spawn variance (which still led to poopsocking). Then blahblahblah.

Now after 9 years Sirken is actually considering Rotations...Glad it has only taken 9 years to finally come to the conclusion.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

"But I refuse to lose
Even if I gotta be banged and bruised
Why do we have to battle
Just to go the bright route
Oh well I'm bout to beat this hell until it's lights out"
Old 03-02-2018, 04:10 PM
Banned

Last Awakened suspension Chillwin camped Droga for like 16 hours straight
Old 03-02-2018, 04:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftyfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"But I refuse to lose
Even if I gotta be banged and bruised
Why do we have to battle
Just to go the bright route
Oh well I'm bout to beat this hell until it's lights out"
Posting song lyrics to express his feelings towards a raid suspension

Nice meltdown
Old 03-02-2018, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csihar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But neither guild plays that game with any other guilds. And it seems like both guilds are so used to playing this game that they see it as a given. This is just the way things are (despite actively creating that particular way themselves). So another guild comes in, makes a clean pull and Awakened goes off to pull another raid mob right away, which could potentially train the other guild. And why? Was it their first shot in 7 months at that highly contested mob that drops an epic piece for a person whose main still needs it after 2 years? No, it was just another one of the ToV mobs Awakened kills again and again.
It ends up wiping CSG? Due to an accident? Sure. But an accident that occured because of 'competition!!!' ?. Also true. Well, no biggie. Just let CSG know through /ooc "we conceed." Situation resolved.

That works well when it's one mob and two guilds. We wipe you guys? Well, we conceed, and the other guild gets an uncontested kill of the target they were after. That actually helps the guild you wiped.
But in ToV with that amount of people it doesn't really work the same.
CSG wasn't going after Feshlak so how does conceeding that mob help in any way?
CSG had a clean kill going for Eashen and then gets trained twice, which jeopardized their shot at getting Eashen.
Conceeding Feshlak served nothing more than to do away with a fuck-up by means of a technicality. It also sets a certain precedent. It was mentioned that people should just start training the shit out of other guilds whenever they're killing something and then just say "we conceed". It's a magical get out of jail free card.
Guild A and B compete. Guild A throws guild C some loot and in return guild C trains guild B whenever A and B are competing. And then Guild C just conceeds. Problem solved.

What more could have been done? That's a question that was asked multiple times but never directly answered. First of all, nothing was done. Not for CSG. Conceeding Feshlak was 100% self-serving.
Send nudes, sing apology songs in their particular native language ('cause lol: they Euros)... yes. Perhaps someone in Awakened should have taken the time to send a tell and explain the situation. Apologize and see if after the night was done they could discuss something by means of making up for the wipe and potential loss of a raid boss. Because (again) conceeding didn't do anything at all for CSG.

It wasn't up to CSG to communicate, it was up to Awakened. CSG communication would require them to do more than they should have, which I will address in a moment.

But that patronizing /ooc wasn't the only communication. Other communication from AW followed and boiled down to "leave A/A be to complete and fuck off casuals". Aftermath as well.

And this is not an isolated incident, it's part of the entire raid scene. A raid scene that is currently shaped by A/A. I can't speak on it as I haven't been privy to those conversations but several CSG members asserted that guild communication with Awakened and Aftermath have often boiled down to "learn to petition". I also haven't seen anyone denying this. But it seems to me to be an important aspect of it.

So then I look at the situation as follows:

- CSG was simply killing a raid mob, got fucked over and ... nothing.
- Awakened plays their A/A raiding game, fucks another guild in the process and conceeds. Damnit, that's a loss for us and a win for Awakened. But we'll get 'em next week! Oh, CSG? The rules state we just need to conceed and our training is no longer an issue.
- Awakened thought they were jailfree because of a technicality, not for setting things right.
- No proper communication from Awakened.
- Bunch of people who didn't want to be a part of the A/A game.
- Bunch of people who were tired of being told to learn to petition petitioned.
- Awakened gets banned. It's 30 days (which really sucks and I don't enjoy it personally) but I'd say CSG gave you guys 10 days and the previous bans added the 20.
It's not like CSG doesn't come out and play the game. I remember a Cazic Thule not too long ago where CSG wiped and Blood Guard kited CT (leaving out detail for simplicity) and conceded. This gave CSG time to recover and they were able to kill CT. Were we upset at blood guard? Yes. Did they cost us CT? Probably. Did we petition them? No. I'm pretty sure it felt great to be in CSG's shoes getting a satisfying win.

Look, I get what you're saying. CSG are more conscientious objectors than anything to raiding in ToV. However, we treat you like any other raid force. Maybe we should have contacted you and given you a little scratch to make you feel better about the whole situation, is that what you really want?

Listen, your leaders can reach out to us after the fact too. In fact, Culkasi and Cloki messaged Eratani a few hours after this thread hit the fan. For a raid issue? Nothing, just petition.

As far as what you think about the length of the suspension, whatever you want to think is fine with me. I know you guys don't control that.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Posting song lyrics to express his feelings towards a raid suspension

Nice meltdown
Actully its pretty amazing lyrics, about a dude who wont give up and sit in river-vale accumulating dust sitting on a forum! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-02-2018, 04:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last Awakened suspension Chillwin camped Droga for like 16 hours straight
Ruined most of my gains helping out with royals too! Think i'm Amiable or something. /shakes fist

Back to the meat grinder, or maybe not.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:27 PM
Orc

At the very least this is going to secure the rest of Awakened a month without me crying about not getting an AoW hat on my main.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Listen, your leaders can reach out to us after the fact too.
So your guild trains and wipes another guild and you don't think the offending party should have reached out first?