Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 02:35 AM
Fire Giant

Really amazing work, much appreciated
Old 04-16-2018, 08:48 AM
Planar Protector

This is a really great guide. What % of exp per hour do you think you were roughly getting on average?
Old 04-16-2018, 09:35 AM
Fire Giant

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I’ve had some good feedback in game too so I’m glad people find it valuable.

The top camps on that list are ~4%/hr whereas the bottom camps on closer to ~2%/hr.

Zen
Old 04-17-2018, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

This is certainly good, I know a 59/60 solo'ing guide is huge b/c raid monks are always eating extra deaths. Way to make getting that last level enjoyable for yourself and sharing the info with all of us.

On my iksar monk I solo'ed 59 SolB and HS exclusively. I tend to be of the mindset -- it's quicker/easier just to stay with what you know than it is to run around 10 locations trying to find a more efficient path - but you did that all for us so thank you.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Leave permafrost alone you monster
Old 04-18-2018, 04:59 AM
Fire Giant

Amazing work Zentile. My monk is only level 30 currently, but I Will definitely be revisiting this guild later on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A question: can you point me to a source for the ZEM for Plane of Mischief? I can’t seem to find any of the planes’ ZEM on the wiki page but I might just be looking at the wrong place
Old 04-18-2018, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

A very excellent guide Master Zentile, hats off to you!

I am quite tempted to make my own guide with some additions! I have at least 4 more spots in the Hole (and most likely others) that are great solo EXP in the Hole:
Castle Ledge (near that big bridge at pit)
Town Entrance basement (similar to your guide, but you can go in the basement to break up pulls)
Library Staircase (best group camp in the Hole IMO but never used)
Yael Pit / Cave
Fallen Erudites in Crypt
Area between Golem Tower / Ranger Cave entrance

When I make my dramatic return to in game (in process of buying a house atm) I should demo those in some videos. Would need to give tips on how to solo the named elementals, can be a pain.

I should say, Kedge does deserve some mention. Mermaids are like never camped and suuuuper easy to get to. Splitting them isn't that hard either despite being casters (and I don't even use Eye of Zomm cause I'm old school, ridiculous easy with eye since they have sow speed).

Mind you this was before the nerf to Kedge ZEM, so not sure if as worth it, cause you get some light blues and even an occasional green. But money was very good (mithril amulets are uncommon drop, 100pp). I was also able to solo my +10 MR mask. Damage shields hurt there so a good 2hb helps and dispel stones, but once split it was cake.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I should say, Kedge does deserve some mention. Mermaids are like never camped and suuuuper easy to get to. Splitting them isn't that hard either despite being casters (and I don't even use Eye of Zomm cause I'm old school, ridiculous easy with eye since they have sow speed).

Mind you this was before the nerf to Kedge ZEM, so not sure if as worth it, cause you get some light blues and even an occasional green. But money was very good (mithril amulets are uncommon drop, 100pp). I was also able to solo my +10 MR mask. Damage shields hurt there so a good 2hb helps and dispel stones, but once split it was cake.
Was the Kedge ZEM actually nerfed? I remember some speculation about it, but never saw anyone comparing pre and post nerf XP data. That's a shame if it was nerfed, it was already a zone most people refuse to go to.

I did the mermaids for a few levels a year or so ago (pre ZEM nerf speculation), it was great and never camped then. Hardly ever saw anyone in the zone besides people coming to kill Phinny. I seem to remember almost all of the mermaids going green/dark green at 57 and blues being few and far between, though.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was the Kedge ZEM actually nerfed? I remember some speculation about it, but never saw anyone comparing pre and post nerf XP data. That's a shame if it was nerfed, it was already a zone most people refuse to go to.

I did the mermaids for a few levels a year or so ago (pre ZEM nerf speculation), it was great and never camped then. Hardly ever saw anyone in the zone besides people coming to kill Phinny. I seem to remember almost all of the mermaids going green/dark green at 57 and blues being few and far between, though.
Can confirm. Leveled a 35 enchanter at ent, full clear netted 22% exp. I wasn't really bothered and left him there for a bit. Came back after nerf, full clear was 11%. There was a druid plvler there, Amsterdam, and I think he quit plvling there after nerf.

Level 59 you would have to kill at the seahorses for exp. Too many greens at mermaids. But due to exp nerf its prolly not worth it.
Last edited by Nashlyenin; 04-19-2018 at 09:04 PM..
Old 04-19-2018, 10:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A question: can you point me to a source for the ZEM for Plane of Mischief? I can’t seem to find any of the planes’ ZEM on the wiki page but I might just be looking at the wrong place
I couldn't find anything about the PoM ZEM on the p99 wiki, that's why I linked my source (a TAKP wiki). In case you missed the link here it is again.

Zen
Closed Thread