Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Kobold

Default log in issue

truy to log in after clicking connect after typing in my password it tells me constantly that it cant connect and that i should check my internet connection, but connection is fine. anyone know what gives ?
Old 04-30-2011, 09:17 PM
Kobold

it says could not establish connection to the server, check connection , try again , make sure you got internet.

if problem persits check for maintenence.

I just tried redoing the patches again, extracting them a diff directory and copying them over, ive double checked, eqhost and the shortcut more than twice. Ive tried changing compatability mode. It seems to me like a simple fix somewhere, or something i am over looking, oh ive tried disabling the firewalls, still nothing. Would appreciate some insight.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:30 PM
Large Rat

Having the exact same problem. Most of the time when I try to log in I get a blank server select screen.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:31 PM
Large Rat

Having the exact same problem. Most of the time when I try to log in I get a blank server select screen. Oh and I'm crashing a lot between zones when I actually do get in.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Aviak

Are you midwest players aswell?

Because this happened for me today for the first hour or so I tried to log in. I reset my modem and now no problems. Weird.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Large Rat

I, too, am having this exact problem. I am obviously online with a good connection, as I type this. Have tried same fixes as above, except for resetting my modem. Will try that. If that doesn't work.???
Old 05-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

Same problem here tonight. Crashed to desktop, tried to log back in...kept getting the blank server select screen.

After a restart I've managed to get back to the server select screen but I can't log in to the P99 server, "An unknown error" keeps popping up. Not good, any thoughts?
Old 05-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlinniel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I, too, am having this exact problem. I am obviously online with a good connection, as I type this. Have tried same fixes as above, except for resetting my modem. Will try that. If that doesn't work.???
It did not work. It seems as many are having this same problem. BTW when I open eq it goes straight to my account, no server selection. Could this be a problem?
Anyway, my son is playing @ his house with no problem, of course he has been on since this am. Maybe this is something that has just come up. What is my next step??? Any clues?
Old 05-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Large Rat

still cant connect. server is down/or i have no internet connection.
neither if these is the problem?
did anybody get a fix or find one??
Old 05-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I cant connect eather on two diffrent computers I tried =/