Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 01:09 PM
Fire Giant

Default Zentile's Level 59 Monk Solo Guide

Hi Everyone,

I've been thinking of ways that I could give back to the community that has helped me so much and decided that I would create a wiki for fellow monks who wish to solo level 59.

Zentile's Level 59 Monk Solo Guide

Please let me know if you have any thoughts or feedback, or better yet, feel free to update the wiki entry yourself with additional information.

Zentile

------

Here is my honourable mention listing in case anyone wanted to know:
  • Skyfire Trash - often green
  • Chardok Exit - too high level
  • Seb Zone-out Golem - lvl 47 to 52 so high level ones summon and would smoke me
  • Felwithe Guards - Too High
  • Kedge Keep - Too Low and Named are Too High
  • DL Wizard Spire Skeletons - Too Low
  • CS Wyvrens - too low
  • CS Bulthors - Heardleader can add, lots of HP for level, fear wasn't reliable (1 in 12)
  • WL Geos - casters are huge undercons, all mobs run, never found a safe spot to pull to as Tar Sands will KS you, drop gems, tons of mobs so can always find a spot
  • Velks Spiders - lots of HP, always mobs up, complicated mob names, need see invis, mobs don't run, can usually find buffs, tons of trains when at zoneline
  • Kedge Keep - mostly green unless you venture in deep
  • Chardok - Entrance, Exit - too high level
  • Burning Woods - Giant Fort, Named Cycle - nearly all greens unless you do cycle and Nez would smoke you, wide level range, better 54-57
  • Skyfire - Cycle - Lava Walkers would smoke you
  • FM Named Giants - two names at back of fort, 6:40 timers, don't add, always lvl 50, just a bit hard for monk to be sustainable solo
Old 04-15-2018, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Wow, excellent guide! Kudos to you for writing and sharing it.

When I have time I'll add links to all of the areas in your guide to the http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide. Currently it only has single spot for monks, so adding all the spots from your guide will really help. Plus it's always nice when I can include links with more details for each spot, as you can only fit so much info in a single row of a table.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

Great guide. A few things I would mention, I'm 99% sure no one can port to Surefall Glade on p99 currently. The wiki for the druid spell says it's patched in a month before Luclin (is that Chardok 2.0 patch?)

Also re: HS west. This seems like a really interesting camp as a monk. One thing that would be worth mentioning imo is the key to Skel Proc's room has 1 charge clicky Chloroplast. It respawns basically instantly. A monk could pick it up, regen themselves, delete it, pick up another, rinse and repeat as needed.

From my perspective, and maybe I'm wrong, unless the monk already has nearly BIS gear or is willing to spend a few K in clickies for the fight I'd be really surprised if a monk could solo Skel Proc himself at 59. I think the wiki for him is accurate about him having nearly 20k HP. If the PH for The Spectre Sepulcher gives the monk trouble and requires mend/disc, they would get wrecked by the far higher level/tougher Skeletal Procurator.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

West exit boss is lvl 52 (?) Necro (?) and his room can suck to pull. Can a monkie kill him solo pulled?

Great guide though, enjoyed the read.

Not sure you get less shots at Ada club in North. 3 ghost boss spawn spots instead of 1 in West.

CoM 2nd/3rd floor mobs go up to 46, not 45. Very rarely a level 47 bugger will pop. Easiest way to get to 2nd floor is NOT through the temple, but through the arena. Get on little structure right of SK epic house entrance, (have lev and sow), lev trick over to the closest house roof. Lev trick over to arena roof. Lev to the ramparts.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks guys, updated the West Charasis portion.

I'm pretty sure my level range for CoM was already up to lvl 46, but I've added your portion about getting to 2nd.

Keep it coming guys!

Zen
Old 04-15-2018, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

I found the safe spot at frenzied brooding to be easy xp, but that was outside prime times and on a 59 ranger. Decent loot too. Normally camp is locked down by 60s though.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
West exit boss is lvl 52 (?) Necro (?) and his room can suck to pull. Can a monkie kill him solo pulled?
Lvl 52 SK. I'm sure a 60 TOV geared monk could solo him single no problem, but the average 59 monk with epic/SOS/fungi Im guessing it would at bare minimum take a Slowstone click and a couple Wort Pot clicks.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:21 PM
Kobold

I actually had the best results at 59 on my Monk soloing Velks spiders. I almost didn't bother trying it because I always subscribed to the whole "Velious xping stinks" thing, but it was surprisingly really good. Mobs in Velks have like no AC at all, and the only thing about those spiders that hurt is their occasional poison proc.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:52 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks Pezy. I remember trying Velks and getting a bit less than 2% an hour soloing spiders in 59. They hit harder than anything of comparable level in Classic or Kunark with a ton more HP. I didn't find it fast at all but it certainly is convenient.

Zen
Old 04-16-2018, 02:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually had the best results at 59 on my Monk soloing Velks spiders. I almost didn't bother trying it because I always subscribed to the whole "Velious xping stinks" thing, but it was surprisingly really good. Mobs in Velks have like no AC at all, and the only thing about those spiders that hurt is their occasional poison proc.
It's true, with a wurmslayer and swift wind ranger's auto attack did around 60dps. 40 was a more usual value for other zones.

The rogues seemed to die particularly quickly too, perhaps as rogues they are lower hp?
Closed Thread