Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2019, 10:42 PM
Fire Giant

Default NPC ghosting in the mansion

I can't group in MR - everyone just keeps getting a ghosted red con from basement that destroys groups every 30 minutes. It's been doing this for ages -- any potential fix to this? There are a LOT of non-classic goodies here for unreasonable classic oddities: In this case, I feel like it would be a reasonable exception if it's possible to fix mobs ghosting from basement to MR if it's something fixable~ thank you!
Old 12-01-2019, 10:48 PM
Server GM

Hello, any location or screenshot where this is happening so I can relay it?
Old 12-02-2019, 01:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello, any location or screenshot where this is happening so I can relay it?
Next time I'm on, I'll toss you a loc, but it's pretty much anywhere in MR (Main Room), in the 1st floor middle area where two stairs are located to go up to FP (forgot what that stands for).

Sometimes you can even see heads bobbing up. I feel like sometimes it'll go partially through the floor and get aggro, pulling up a bunch of mobs. Happens all day - you can probably GM port there and witness it once per 30 mins.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:06 AM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Have a lead. This proc knocks them upstairs thru the wall and they run back. 100% case is this wep proc:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This guy already inadverntently wiped us 2x due to this bug (he didn't mean to). Wiped my friends more times than they could count -- they actually left and refuse to return until they're high enough lvl for FP upstairs (They glitch from basement to main room).

While you're there, not sure if intended, but it seems like the z-axis is unlimited high for spells and goes through ceilings: Festering Hag is destroying our group with AE's from basement.

Seeing from the screenshot above from group woes, alone: Needless to say, but it's extremely depressing. Unrest was one of my fav zones. Perhaps I played it after a few patches on live to fix some pathing and flying mobs eheh... About to run back in and I'll edit /loc

EDIT: /loc +592, +19, +3.13
Last edited by mischief419; 12-03-2019 at 11:20 AM..
Old 12-03-2019, 11:58 AM
Aviak

It's your weapon. The proc is a AOE. the Unrest Mansion is really bad right now. If the MR camp hangs to far back and the FP group pulls a hag to the FP the MR group has a high chance of getting wiped from the hags AOE. The same thing is happening here. Your AOE is reaching down to the basement.

This is happening because Z-axis is not being respected in regards to AOE spells. You'll see this in any zone that is vertical stacking levels.

I think the fix here is the developers need floors and ceiling to stop AOE spells which i am not sure is entirely possible. The other solution is if possible limit the z-axis radius to player height
Old 12-03-2019, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

To clarify: It's the basement AE reaching UP to main room. However, it'd *probably* do the same thing going down (assuming AE's go both directions on the z-axis).
Old 12-03-2019, 12:06 PM
Aviak

If I'm not mistaken, if you are not engaged on a mob and you get hit by one of their AoEs when they are engaged on someone else, you don't get added to the mob's aggro list. So, even if that person dies, the mob(s) should not switch aggro to you unless you are in proximity?

I may be wrong on that.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:17 PM
Fire Giant

* As for AoE's -- I believe that's correct (although Festering Hag's AE's can 2 shot MR groups with their high-dmg spells) due to z-axis being insanely high and going through ceilings.

* However, the main bug of basement mobs popping up THROUGH the ceiling to MR then running back downstairs (training MR and everyone else on the way) is destroying everyone 24/7.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:19 PM
Aviak

I spent several levels in the MR without issues. I can almost guarentee the issue is the axe's aoe racing through the floor.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

I posted this as a bug WEEKS ago. Its due to ANY spell hitting a mob or a mob casting a spell/drybone proc to your pet in certain ceiling heights. Happens anywhere in the mansion that has a standard ceiling height. MR is usually not an issue because it has a tall ceiling, but if you get a mob under a doorway or on some stairs, it will happen.
If anyone has any room to grief, its Rogean. Nuff said.

P1999 Custom Desktop Launcher Icons
Last edited by Lonedrahon25; 12-05-2019 at 03:45 PM..
Closed Thread