Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 11:02 AM
Fire Giant

Default Ash vs The Evil Dead

Anyone else really excited over this? I know I am. I think it comes out on iTunes Feb 1st not sure about when its running on Starz though.

It is like a continuance of Army of Darkness with Bruce Campbell taking up the role of Ash again.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:11 AM
Banned

Season 1 is already over? I have them on my DVR but have not watched yet.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:30 AM
Fire Giant

I don't know I saw something about it on iTunes and was checking out the free preview and behind the scenes. I don't have Starz so haven't been able to see if it was out or anything.

Really hoping this lasts longer than some of his shows. I actually liked The Adventures of Brisco County Jr and Jack of All Trades. I was glad Burn Notice survived as long as it did.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:15 PM
Banned

When the fuck does it come out on iTunes I'm too much of a clean whistle to torrent it but damn it's just sitting there doing nothing on iTunes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-20-2016, 10:49 AM
Fire Giant

Feb 1st is when it is available you can order it now.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:34 AM
Fire Giant

First season is out finally got to watch it. I have to say it wasn't what I expected Ash to be like 30 yrs later but was pretty fun to watch anyway. Ending meh hope the second season is as much fun as most of the first season. Fun to see the Deadites back in full swing again.

If you haven't watched it yet but were a fan of the trilogy then please do yourself a favor and watch it. Even if just so you can say you don't like some of the modernization of a cult classic series of movies.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:16 PM
Banned

I assumed I was going to be very excited about it but three episodes and it just seems a little bit more campy then even the movies. I was expecting to see a step forward the way Army of darkness was compared to evil dead 2.. But it kind of feels like a step sideways.. or even backwards from evil dead 2.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assumed I was going to be very excited about it but three episodes and it just seems a little bit more campy then even the movies. I was expecting to see a step forward the way Army of darkness was compared to evil dead 2.. But it kind of feels like a step sideways.. or even backwards from evil dead 2.
Kind of how I felt though I did enjoy that campy feel. In an interview for legal reasons they couldn't or wouldn't disclose at the time they stated that they couldn't use any reference of Army of Darkness in the show. So some of the stuff eludes to it but makes no direct reference. I kind of thing the Claymation face melting and such was what made the movies more fun. That was kind of the feel that they were trying for it seems.

We can hope the second season is more in line with our expectations. I am hoping this isn't like any of the other shows Bruce Campbell has been the main star of over the years. I really enjoyed Adventures of Brisco County Jr and Jack of All Trades but they didn't last like Burn Notice did.
Closed Thread