Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 11:34 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Whats this GREEN server about?

What is Green server ?

Is it cool?

I just mad a character on Red server should I make one on blue also?

Thank you in advance for your kind regards.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:40 AM
Planar Protector

2 more years of classic and kunark sounds just terrible. The p99 experience for me is all about 1-59, so I'm sure I'll play, but honest to god the idea of starting over and fighting the unemployed masses is just mind numbing.

Manastones really arnt that great and playing as a Dark Elf gets old fast.

The only thing fun about playing untwinked is knowing your next char can be twinked.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 06-10-2019, 08:52 AM
Banned

You’re asking in an echo chamber of autism. Trust me unless you’re some power gamer green will be lame af at least at first because classic and kunark is so small can’t handle this pop.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’re asking in an echo chamber of autism. Trust me unless you’re some power gamer green will be lame af at least at first because classic and kunark is so small can’t handle this pop.
I remember 10k online Solusek Ro pre-kunark...it wasnt that bad =)
Old 06-10-2019, 10:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah but people had dial up modems that would boot you from time to time and people held full time jobs back then.

we are now in an era of man children with cable modems and obama phones.

green server was supposed to compete with classic wow but when blizzard gets 15 a month per player its impossible to compete purely with volunteers.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember 300 on during a weekday and around 800 online on the weekend, pre kunark Bristlebane server. Burned into memory because I had a conversation about the player number with the guy who got me into EQ and PC games.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:51 AM
Banned

hope this helps
Old 06-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

Innoruuk had 1,000-1,300 online prime time during classic.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Kobold

I imagine Green is mostly for experiencing "oh haha this is what it's like to try to grind xp in unrest with rusty weapons and cloth and no level 60 druid buffing us" and then after you realize how slow leveling is half of the population quits and the other half struggles to be the coolest kid on the short bus by getting a manastone or guise.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I imagine Green is mostly for experiencing "oh haha this is what it's like to try to grind xp in unrest with rusty weapons and cloth and no level 60 druid buffing us" and then after you realize how slow leveling is half of the population quits and the other half struggles to be the coolest kid on the short bus by getting a manastone or guise.
No guys with 2 accounts full of level 60s giving plat and low level items away in EC either, but it will never be the same. They got a fully detailed wiki to look at, having access to what? 90% of the games mysteries instead of like 5% of them. Plus "gaming" being normal for over 20 years. They will never get a chance to truly suck but not realize it. Polished Granite Tomahawk is phat lewt? woot!

Will any of them have their bottoms eat their desk chair when they wander into Kithicor Forest at night?
Closed Thread