Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henlolizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks all for the advice.

Do Black Fur Boots work indoors?
No. This is another reason why I like Fungi Staff. You can keep the same number of junk buffs in a dungeon. Black Fur Boots and Fungi Staff don't stack anyway. Outdoors, you switch between Fungal Regrowth and SoW. Indoors, you can exclusively use Fungal Regrowth. You only need to click it off if you need to run. Luckily, Shamans don't move much when they are killing stuff. You can easily side step with the snare on relatively quickly. Only when you are moving to a different spot in the dungeon do you need to remove Fungal Regrowth. It is also good training for Torpor. You will be snared a good portion of the time once you get Torpor.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

If you want to cast sow indoors you need to have the spell in the correct spot and disconnect in a fashion that engages npc mode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 06-27-2020, 05:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The entire point I was making was that a 60 Shaman can do more valuable camps than a level 50 (or 53) Shaman!
Okai my bad I misunderstood, then we're just saying the same thing. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Another good spot to make plat as a 60 sham is selling Hammered Golden Loop loot rights.
Old 07-07-2020, 02:51 PM
Kobold

Add on question! If you made 60, had Torpor, and a JBB is it worth the expense to get epic (100k)? Am I missing out a lot on not having it?
Old 07-07-2020, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbparden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Add on question! If you made 60, had Torpor, and a JBB is it worth the expense to get epic (100k)? Am I missing out a lot on not having it?
I basically already answered this on page 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Epic should be the last thing purchased on a Shaman, unless you are an Iksar, or very wealthy. Non-Iksars get JBB, which is more than good enough to power level yourself when combined with Fungi Staff, Fungi Tunic, and Black Fur Boots.

Epic is good for soloing with a Torpor Shaman. Even with Torpor, you still spend a ton of mana on spells. Casting Malo, Turgurs Insects, Insidious Decay, and Pox on a mob ONCE costs 1130 mana. In a 15 minute fight, such as WW Dragons, you need to cast Turgurs Insects 2 more times, Malo one more time, Insidious Decay one more time, and Pox 7 more times. This means you are spending 3960 additional mana after that, for a total of 5090 mana, assuming no resists or fizzles. My Shaman has a 3079 mana pool at the moment. This scenario assumes you are using Epic for your second DoT. If you are not, then you would need to use Bane of Nife. This means casting another 425 mana DoT 6 times to make up for that damage. Epic saves me at least 2550 mana in this fight, assuming no fizzles or resists.

Saving mana is good in fights when you need to face tank. This is because the act of face tanking destroys a LOT of HP that would normally be used for cannibalize. This means your mana regeneration also suffers quite a bit. On a tough mob, it is possible to run out of mana eventually, if the fight goes long enough, and they hit hard enough.

Epic is great when you need to farm lower level mobs as well, like orcs in Crystal Caverns for Velium Ore. Without Epic, that would be a much slower affair, due to how much mana you would spend on DoTs.

EDIT: The other benefit to Epic is the DoT is magic damage, rather than Cold/Poison/Disease. This means any mob that can be slowed can be DoTed with Epic, even if they are normally immune to some combination of Cold/Poison/Disease. Velious has quite a few cold immune mobs, which removes your direct damage spell from the equation.
Buy Torpor first once you hit 60, then work your way towards Epic. You can re-buy things like JBB, Fungi Tunic, and Fungi Staff along the way to help speed up your farming for Epic. Then sell them to hit 100k and buy epic. Then farm again for JBB. Fungi Staff and Fungi Tunic are optional at that point.

At the end you want Torpor, Epic, JBB, Malo, Pox, and Bane. That maximizes your solo damage potential. Fungi Tunic and Fungi Staff still have good situational use, but they will not help as much as Torpor, the damage clickies, and the damage spells.

EDIT: Forgot to include Malo as a spell for some silly reason.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-07-2020 at 03:25 PM..
Old 07-07-2020, 03:19 PM
Kobold

Thanks!
Closed Thread