Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 11:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess this is true only two golems and probably will be camped by groups early on.
What all drops torpor in Kunark? Gwurms, seb prot camp, Seb Emp, 2 Cliff golems? Are there more than those 5 camps besides raid mobs?
If by early on you mean for the existence of the server then yeah. Even when Velious drops Torpor is hugely important, the sever will get to the end of its lifecycle with a big percentage of level 60 shaman not having torp, especially those not in the Riot equivalent (Seal Team? I don't play on the server).
Old 07-22-2020, 09:42 AM
Sarnak

Am going to have to fight for Torpor myself, but just so I'm clear- it only drops off 60+ mobs in Kunark? So like, jugs and reets wouldn't drop it?
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 07-22-2020, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am going to have to fight for Torpor myself, but just so I'm clear- it only drops off 60+ mobs in Kunark? So like, jugs and reets wouldn't drop it?
It drops off of level 57+ mobs in Kunark zones. Cliff Golems are level 58, and Juggs are level 57. There just aren't a lot of level 57+ mobs in Kunark, which is why there aren't a lot of camps for Torpor. If you sort for mobs by level in Seblis, you can see how few mobs are level 57+. Even King is only level 56, which is why he doesn't drop Torpor. You can do the same thing in the other Kunark zones and see how few mobs are above level 56. I also do not think mobs like guild leaders in Cabilis drop anything. So this further limits which mobs can drop it, since not all level 57+ mobs drop spells.

On top of that, Torpor is one of the rarest (if not the rarest) level 60 spells in the game to drop. So you have few camps (most of which require a group), and a low drop rate on top of that.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-22-2020 at 12:15 PM..
Old 07-22-2020, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

So soloing Cliff Golems, which is basically impossible without Torpor anyways, is a shot in the dark vs a very difficult mob, while doing something like Juggs is still pretty rare, but safer, and you'd better be in a guild group or you're /rand'ing over 100k. Ugh.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So soloing Cliff Golems, which is basically impossible without Torpor anyways, is a shot in the dark vs a very difficult mob, while doing something like Juggs is still pretty rare, but safer, and you'd better be in a guild group or you're /rand'ing over 100k. Ugh.
It has been a while since I have not had Torpor, but if memory serves a level 60 Shaman without Torpor can solo Cliff Golems, it is just much harder. You may need Malo, Pox, Bane, Spirit of the Howler, and Fungi Tunic to do it, which will be difficult enough to obtain on Green. As others have said, if you want to solo Cliff Golems cheaply, you need to be an Enchanter or Necro, so you can use Undead Foreman as a pet.

However, I am pretty sure Cliff Golems will be perma-camped anyway for most of Green's life cycle, especially before Velious comes out. You probably won't get a lot of opportunities to solo them, even if you are able.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-22-2020 at 02:55 PM..
Old 07-22-2020, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

For an idea of the Torpor drop rate off cliff golems, the wife and I have fought many hundreds of those over the years. We've seen Torpor drop exactly once, and that was in 2014 (remember Kunark came out on P99 in 2011). Getting a Torpor off those is more akin to a very rare boon rather than something that should be considered reliable. The wife already had Torpor before we even bothered doing them at all; they're not pushovers in weak Kunark-era equipment.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 07-22-2020 at 04:24 PM..
Old 07-22-2020, 06:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has been a while since I have not had Torpor, but if memory serves a level 60 Shaman without Torpor can solo Cliff Golems, it is just much harder. You may need Malo, Pox, Bane, Spirit of the Howler, and Fungi Tunic to do it, which will be difficult enough to obtain on Green. As others have said, if you want to solo Cliff Golems cheaply, you need to be an Enchanter or Necro, so you can use Undead Foreman as a pet.

However, I am pretty sure Cliff Golems will be perma-camped anyway for most of Green's life cycle, especially before Velious comes out. You probably won't get a lot of opportunities to solo them, even if you are able.
Enchanter just charms the beefy gargoyle, tash golem > rapture > try to land slow before it fades > send pet > go sit outside leash range Incase of pet break(skyfire zoneline a good one) > loot.
Old 07-23-2020, 01:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If by early on you mean for the existence of the server then yeah. Even when Velious drops Torpor is hugely important, the sever will get to the end of its lifecycle with a big percentage of level 60 shaman not having torp, especially those not in the Riot equivalent (Seal Team? I don't play on the server).
Harla Dar adds another Torp source in Velious. ALS got most of our Torpors from her. Its possible we were lucky though since its small sample size (I believe there were 3 total, IIRC, and 2/21 on kills I've been there for). We tried in the first place because Magelo has her Torp drop rate at 18%, which is very likely too high/out of era, but was a clue she might be worth killing for it.

Permacamped Guardian Wurms should output a decent torpor rate though I would expect, I think that's probably the highest Torp per unit time spent camp? Given the density of the server, I expect all of these camps get taken and help more or less permanently.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:10 PM
Sarnak

remember when all you ding dongs were looking at me sideways when I said "buy a weapon" when green launched?

embarrassing

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Old 07-30-2020, 08:32 PM
Fire Giant

If you are in a guild that will kill dragons you won’t have to hard a time getting torpor.

VP trash a good place to get it.

The best camp is prot and tola every 2 hours and 45 minutes. You make bank no matter what drops and can you easily buy a copy. Bonus cause you can get a botbde off reets while doing this camp.
Closed Thread