Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 02:05 AM
Skeleton

Exclamation Reset device failed?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]Sometime this just pops out and my client goes crash, what can i deal with it?
Guys who happen to know this please give me a hand[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Bless you!

P.S.: It happens when i switch the mode between window and full screen, maybe it's due to my videocard?
Last edited by ssl228; 08-30-2013 at 02:08 AM..
Old 08-30-2013, 03:43 AM
Sarnak

It's an error attempting to reset from windowed mode to full-screen mode when your video card has to load in the games set resolution.

So yes, stop window/maxing with your current reso and you wont have that issue.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:47 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teako [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's an error attempting to reset from windowed mode to full-screen mode when your video card has to load in the games set resolution.

So yes, stop window/maxing with your current reso and you wont have that issue.
Thank you a lot, but i'm still not sure how to set that up, can you give me further direction [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-30-2013, 07:25 AM
Planar Protector

He is pretty much telling you to match the video mode on your computer with video mode in P1999 and keep it fullscreen and don't touch it after that.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:39 AM
Aviak

If i couldn't ever alt tab or make the game a window when I wanted, I would not play. Being stuck in full screen? Shit, that is classic but fuck all that jazz.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssl228 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you a lot, but i'm still not sure how to set that up, can you give me further direction [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think there is a way to stop EQ from crashing when going back and forth from windowed to fullscreen. Best bet is to just find a good windowed mode resolution and keep it there, you don't want to worry about crashing when you are at a camp for 3 hours and decide you want to look at something on the web while you wait.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:07 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontbuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If i couldn't ever alt tab or make the game a window when I wanted, I would not play. Being stuck in full screen? Shit, that is classic but fuck all that jazz.
haha yeah, I'm the same way. I remember back in Live, you couldn't minimize without having some 3rd party apps.. Had to have everything printed out and beside you lol. It's classic, but I'd go crazy not being able to minimize while medding/etc.

On topic, I get the same error, but very rarely. Like they said, it's an issue with flipping from full screen to windowed mode (ALT-Tabbing or ALT-Enter). It hasn't affected me often enough for me to bother looking up a fix yet though.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

This would do better in tech discussion, just a heads up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

click on the FAQ in my sig. go to the section talking about getting a memory error. it will give you instructions on how to set your fullscreen and windowed resolutions in your eqclient.ini file.

need to make these numbers match and you wont have this problem anymore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 08-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Aviak

I used to have this issue a long time ago, however I don't exactly remember how to fix it. If I was you i'd go into your eqclient.ini and change the window/fullscreen values to have fixed ratios. For instance, if you're using 1600x900 don't make your windowed 800x600. You'll just get crashes everytime. I personally use 1600x900 (fullscreen), and 1280x768 (windowed). It shouldn't be crashing if the values are in the same ball park.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

^^ what diggles said. I'd set them to the same reso at first just to be safe, as long as that works go ahead and fiddle with some other options and see what happens.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Closed Thread