Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But that 12 hour timer... gotta pick your moments when switching realms.
I decided to delete all my Alb characters yesterday so I could play my Mid characters without waiting 12 hours.

Poor Alb is a disorganized mess right now.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:21 PM
Sarnak

Played on launch day. Leveled 2 chars to lvl 3 and on each got red magic armor and weapons/instruments with procs and stats. Butchered the original game so folks could run around in the old world with live like qol. Stopped playing, don't think I'll be back.
Herbila - Warrior
Old 02-07-2019, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharptooth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
like many I played uth, I boxed 3 chars and my buddy boxed 3 and we both quit in our 40s because exp was absolutely terrible

probably going to try the phoenix emu only because it was made by genesis staff and they understand if it takes too long to level casuals quit

im wondering if you guys are playing what classes are op ?

Animists are the most OP i hear. On Midgard I'd say Thanes are kinda OP since they buffed them up, They tank almost as well as warriors and nuke almost as well as runemasters. Paladins and Friars in alb got a big boost too I hear so they are pretty powerful.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-07-2019, 01:04 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Played on launch day. Leveled 2 chars to lvl 3 and on each got red magic armor and weapons/instruments with procs and stats. Butchered the original game so folks could run around in the old world with live like qol. Stopped playing, don't think I'll be back.
Same here
The server is a joke
Old 02-07-2019, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same here
The server is a joke
The server is amazing.

ROGs are amazing.

The QoL changes are great and they don't hurt the classic feel.

If anything, classic didn't have enough drops while leveling and it was such a grind fest.

The realm tasks are also a great addition which helps create action in RVR. On live, everyone just camped out in Emain.

Now people are everywhere.

Thanes, Champions and Paladins are viable for RVR now.

It's just so much better than Uth and even Live.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server is amazing.

ROGs are amazing.

The QoL changes are great and they don't hurt the classic feel.

If anything, classic didn't have enough drops while leveling and it was such a grind fest.

The realm tasks are also a great addition which helps create action in RVR. On live, everyone just camped out in Emain.

Now people are everywhere.

Thanes, Champions and Paladins are viable for RVR now.

It's just so much better than Uth and even Live.
I couldn't agree more. I thought the non classic changes were going to ruin the game for me and it would feel too easy, but that definitely hasn't been the case. If anything the game feels more like EQ in the excitement for drops. Original DAOC I was in rags until the 40s when I started having crafters make my specific armor and spellcrafted builds. Now I can adventure and find loot thats decent enough to take me to 50.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-07-2019, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I couldn't agree more. I thought the non classic changes were going to ruin the game for me and it would feel too easy, but that definitely hasn't been the case. If anything the game feels more like EQ in the excitement for drops. Original DAOC I was in rags until the 40s when I started having crafters make my specific armor and spellcrafted builds. Now I can adventure and find loot thats decent enough to take me to 50.
Yeah, it didn't make the game too easy.

If you accidentally pull two even level mobs on a fully decked out character, there's a real risk of dying.

But if you're careful and smart, you can successfully grind out some levels on characters who had no chance at being soloers on classic.

Plus the Frontier XP bonus promotes organic world-RVR action. Is there some gray-ganking? Sure, but there's usually a high level person ready to hunt them down for you. It just makes the game feel more like real RVR. Everyone feels it, not just the level 50s.

It just works.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:35 PM
Sarnak

Heard Mid is just wrecking the entire server, not only in pop, but zergfest RvR action due to the RvR-related tasks. Was thinking about rolling up a Mid char and giving it a go, any insight?
Old 02-12-2019, 09:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sckrilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heard Mid is just wrecking the entire server, not only in pop, but zergfest RvR action due to the RvR-related tasks. Was thinking about rolling up a Mid char and giving it a go, any insight?
Yeah basically this. Mids are just out in zerg force 24/7 it seems like. Good realm for cookie cutters but if you want a challenge I'd go Alb.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:59 PM
Banned

Berserkers are my favorite class, so I had to roll Mid.

Oh, and vikings.
Closed Thread