Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've obviously never done this.

The Kor won't be healing, since even if you memblur it, and the next song in your cycle is healing song, you can land your next mez in 6 seconds (slightly less actually, since you can stop casting a song when the bar is 95%ish, depending on latency, for me its more).

This gives scenario:
3rd second: mez lands and memblurs
6th second: heal song finishes
9th second: mez lands and stops the memblur

This is the worst scenario, since once you want to heal you'll be twisting heal, followed by 4 casts of mez.

And no, the Kors won't be getting off stuns. Feel free to link the disruptive wizard spell they can cast with a 2 second or lower cast time.

i don't think you understand at all what you are talking about at this time. The tick for regening the kor could come shortly after you land the memblur. Once its blurred it now most aggro via body aggro to prevent it from healing which is often time slow, always takes at least 1 second and sometimes up to 3 seconds for body aggro.

And where did you get this bullshit idea you can cast mez at 2 second cast speed instead of 3? Same place where all your other completely incorrect theorycrafting comes from?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Tishan%27s_Clash

And again where have you explained how you are killing this kor?
Old 03-10-2020, 12:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1)i don't think you understand at all what you are talking about at this time. The tick for regening the kor could come shortly after you land the memblur. Once its blurred it now most aggro via body aggro to prevent it from healing which is often time slow, always takes at least 1 second and sometimes up to 3 seconds for body aggro.

2) And where did you get this bullshit idea you can cast mez at 2 second cast speed instead of 3? Same place where all your other completely incorrect theorycrafting comes from?

3) https://wiki.project1999.com/Tishan%27s_Clash

4) And again where have you explained how you are killing this kor?
1) I understand that, but its not going to happen once a minute. Its going to be very rare. I can't find the numbers on the bard mez mem blur chance, but its low.

2) This is while fighting the mob. You start casting mez, if the mob starts casting, you let the mez finish, if the mob doesn't start casting, you cancel your song when 1 or 1.5 seconds in, so you can start your next mez. This lets you do damage, while preventing most casts through mez landing.

3) that has 0 MR adjust, and does very low damage. A crown of tranix should probably suffice to resist it reliably. An SSB and some other MR stuff makes it trivial.

4) see 2)

Just for you, here is 2bis:

You mez the mob, sing heal song with guitar, switch to drums and sing MR song, switch to weapons and start casting mez,you melee the mob while chain casting mez until heal song drops and mez again (stop attack when mez lands to regen, in case that wasn't clear). MR song with a store drum is still going to give 35*1.8 MR.

I played a bard a lot. Had to, because it took ages to kill some stuff with this method.
Last edited by derpcake2; 03-10-2020 at 12:20 PM..
Old 03-10-2020, 12:15 PM
Kobold

Im really just talking about AM by the way, I didn't realize this thread was about Frenzy too. I cant speak with abilities to solo Frenzy as im focused on soloing AM at the moment myself and have spent some time there.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Does bard even have a mem wipe on their mez? the wiki says no but that's unreliable. I ca't seem to push in the magic words in lucy to get bard songs to pop up, either. I recall in classic EQ that every mez ability had memory wipe.

In an event it doesn't really matter. You haven't proposed a way to actually kill it. And you can't just pretend tishan's clash cast time of 2.5 seconds is going to be slower than your 3 second cast time on mez.
Old 03-10-2020, 02:05 PM
Banned

a bard will never solo either at 50

killing frenzy at 50 when the camp is broken is no accomplishment for a mage or ench because they can just charm burn it

a wizard wont have enough mana

i wont hold my breath waiting for your video
Old 03-10-2020, 02:17 PM
Kobold

I can drop 8 Ice Comets and with Manastone and Rune I can drop a 9th while being at 80% health, but ok all knowing Bigsham….

Ive upped my mana pool by 220ish mana and my AC and HP by a good bit since I tried him solo and got him to 15-20%, im fairly confident my next solo attempt when I can get in on the camp broken up will be successful.
Old 03-10-2020, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisbeAsos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can drop 8 Ice Comets and with Manastone and Rune I can drop a 9th while being at 80% health, but ok all knowing Bigsham….

Ive upped my mana pool by 220ish mana and my AC and HP by a good bit since I tried him solo and got him to 15-20%, im fairly confident my next solo attempt when I can get in on the camp broken up will be successful.
Wizard can snipe an AM thats sitting there but soloing /holding this down plus farming the AM for multiple kills to get a robe is NOT in the cards for a lvl 50 classic wizard.

Maybe if druids came by to buff / regen each cycle it could be done but thats not solo farming...[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-10-2020, 02:29 PM
Kobold

Yea my scenario is self buffed only with no potions, with raid buffs I could likely break the camp and hold it myself. I always like to do things on the edge of what I shouldn't be able to. I am trying to get a 10 dose wort pot for my next attempt but likely wont have it as im broke currently...
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisbeAsos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im really just talking about AM by the way, I didn't realize this thread was about Frenzy too. I cant speak with abilities to solo Frenzy as im focused on soloing AM at the moment myself and have spent some time there.
Not sure how you think you are going to solo either as a wizard at 50. They both have over 6khp. Every root break you are going to eat at leasy one maybe even 2 round of combat. There is always the chance you get a break just as you start nuking too, basically stunning yourself for the cast time. And then you have to worry about getting ghoul rooted every time they get some melee hits in.

moreover, even if you somehow managed to get 200 int + 300 mana on your gear, that's 6 ice comets. Even if we ignore the substantial cost of roots over this fight, about 10-15% of those nukes will be completely resisted, another 15%-20% or so will be partially resisted. You will generally only be doing about 80% of your theoretical damage. It's going to leave you 1000 hit points shy. And we haven't even considered the AM just nuking/stunning/rooting the shit out of you.

I'm reminded of mike tyson's famous quote "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth”".
Kobold

And holding it down once broken is not a problem, I did that easily before my last upgrades, plenty of time to med between spawns...
Closed Thread