Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 03:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remind me to come charm him and take him far far away from whatever bullshit list you guys made up.
look out folks
Old 06-09-2020, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

IF YOU'RE NOT ON THE LIST YOU'RE NOT GETTING rINg!
Old 06-09-2020, 05:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is not a bannable offense. Its only an issue if you are actually maintaining a list and mislead people. If you're not maintaining a list, there should be a crowd ready to go as soon as you leave because its up in the air at that point.

In other words, the only problem arises if you tell someone "you're next" and then when you're done you instead give the camp to someone else when the original person is there and waiting.
You can tell twenty people "you're next" and just log off.

Noone cares.

I'd tell at least 5, before logging on an alt and refreshing R&F.
Old 06-09-2020, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why does the camp holder get to determine who is next, anyways?
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They don't. They need to list people in the order in which they inquire.
That's not what the quoted GM ruling says at all. It says the camp holder may keep his choice secret until directly asked if the inquirer may be next and then has to declare his choice for whom is next in line.

So, I repeat to the forum: why does the camp holder choose who is next?
Old 06-09-2020, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not what the quoted GM ruling says at all. It says the camp holder may keep his choice secret until directly asked if the inquirer may be next and then has to declare his choice for whom is next in line.

So, I repeat to the forum: why does the camp holder choose who is next?
The short answer is, because our free game has volunteer GMs. They try to be as minimal as possible about making new rules, because they have limited capacity, and every new rule they make is one they have to enforce (at the cost of having less time to do all their other GM stuff).

It's not that they're for letting the person at the top of the list decide ... it's that they're against setting up a system they have to maintain (at least until the dev team gives them a /list that doesn't require manual oversight).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:34 PM
Banned

Okay, that lines up with what my guess was. Cohencidentally, just like the list system, it has a convenient backdoor that allows the (donating?) pixel addicts and RMTers to dominate the list just as they always have.

Strange how that GM bandwidth never runs out on raid night though.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

The list system (not /list, I mean the rules for player made lists) is easily abused by someone who wants to abuse it.

For all intents and purposes...whoever has a camp can hand it off (as long as they don't fumble the hand off) to whomever they want.

If you want to break the rules, which are essentially impossible to get caught breaking, you can pass the camp to...yourself. Grats. You can lock a camp down forever in EQ.

You are required to tell anyone who asks who is next on the list...but there is no way that a player can verify that the answer is honest. It could be a player offline, it could the camp holders alt, it could be a total fiction made up...you'd never be able to know if someone was pulling something or not.

You are required to pass the camp to whomever your "next" is if the item you are camping drops. Again, no way to know this is being honored at most camps.

For example...lets say necro uberpants is holding down the fbss camp. You want to camp it too...so you ask uberpants who is next on the list. Uberpants replies "i'm here camping the FBSS...next on the list is PoopiePants." [This is all he has to say to you, ever.]

Player PoopiePants doesn't exist by the way...but thats okay as you are standing there a frenzied pops and Uberpants quickly goes to work dropping him easily. You ask Uberpants "hey, did you get your fbss?" --- Uberpants [lyingly] says "Nope...stupid ring again." [No way for you to check this.] Meanwhile, Uberpants good guild friend, Shitbag, comes over to camp to take the FBSS [they are lore] off Uberpants hands so that they can keep farming them.

Congrats Uberpants, Shitbag, and Poopiepants [if he existed] on being a dicks.

/List it all imo...tweak the rules slightly to make it even better...but /list it all.
Old 06-10-2020, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The list system (not /list, I mean the rules for player made lists) is easily abused by someone who wants to abuse it.

For all intents and purposes...whoever has a camp can hand it off (as long as they don't fumble the hand off) to whomever they want.

If you want to break the rules, which are essentially impossible to get caught breaking, you can pass the camp to...yourself. Grats. You can lock a camp down forever in EQ.

You are required to tell anyone who asks who is next on the list...but there is no way that a player can verify that the answer is honest. It could be a player offline, it could the camp holders alt, it could be a total fiction made up...you'd never be able to know if someone was pulling something or not.

You are required to pass the camp to whomever your "next" is if the item you are camping drops. Again, no way to know this is being honored at most camps.

For example...lets say necro uberpants is holding down the fbss camp. You want to camp it too...so you ask uberpants who is next on the list. Uberpants replies "i'm here camping the FBSS...next on the list is PoopiePants." [This is all he has to say to you, ever.]

Player PoopiePants doesn't exist by the way...but thats okay as you are standing there a frenzied pops and Uberpants quickly goes to work dropping him easily. You ask Uberpants "hey, did you get your fbss?" --- Uberpants [lyingly] says "Nope...stupid ring again." [No way for you to check this.] Meanwhile, Uberpants good guild friend, Shitbag, comes over to camp to take the FBSS [they are lore] off Uberpants hands so that they can keep farming them.

Congrats Uberpants, Shitbag, and Poopiepants [if he existed] on being a dicks.

/List it all imo...tweak the rules slightly to make it even better...but /list it all.
Yup. There's the "letter of the law" (what little we have here), and then there's the practical details of what actually happens in-game, which can have some very different results.

But that goes both ways: while everything you said is true, it's also possible that if you petition Necro Uberpants, and a GM comes out and observes invisibly at the right time, that Uberpants might get in trouble. It's not likely, and of course you'd have to observed Uberpants acting shady for awhile before you'd ever petition ... but it is possible.

P.S. I'm with you on /list: more automated GMing for P99! Fair rules that everyone can easily know, because the game enforces them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-10-2020 at 12:20 AM..
Old 06-10-2020, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

Hey, how long is the list for 10-Dose Blood of the Wolf?
Old 06-10-2020, 01:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup. There's the "letter of the law" (what little we have here), and then there's the practical details of what actually happens in-game, which can have some very different results.

But that goes both ways: while everything you said is true, it's also possible that if you petition Necro Uberpants, and a GM comes out and observes invisibly at the right time, that Uberpants might get in trouble. It's not likely, and of course you'd have to observed Uberpants acting shady for awhile before you'd ever petition ... but it is possible.

P.S. I'm with you on /list: more automated GMing for P99! Fair rules that everyone can easily know, because the game enforces them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right...and that's why I said its very hard to get caught. Basically, only way you can is if a GM with another information looks into you...or you brag about it and someone turns you in, etc.

But...over the entire time I've been playing on p99 I've never met a single person who says they got caught much less punished for this. I'm not saying that I would know how often it happens...but not one? not a single one I can remember hearing? It means it is very very very rare...and maybe only actually happened a few times ever.
Closed Thread