Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 09:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There going to be any issues playing Agnarr on a mac? P99 has great instructions for setting up wineskin, but I'm pretty illiterate in these processes so I'd need a similar idiots guide.
dont think there is a native mac client
Old 05-12-2017, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdjoseywales [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not possible to box that many without third party software which will earn you a ban from a true box TLP. Anytime we see someone with multiple mages casting at once they get reported and vanish.
Kind of like Vmas from OGC with his group of mage boxes?
Old 05-12-2017, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

The full group EXP bonus penalizes people for soloing or for not filling out their group. You lose out on EXP the smaller your group is even if the kill rate doesn't increase (which it will).

While I think it is dumb, it's even more dumb for people to rail on boxes making the game unsocial on these servers when nothing could be further from the truth. People WANT you in their group. Class, level, race or gear doesn't matter. They benefit from inviting you. Because of pick zones also its rare that zones won't have a slot for you in a group. While in Unrest there's only 1-2 camps that a level 20ish character could find a group, on Agnarr expect there to be about 5-6 picks of Unrest so 10-12 camps open for grouping in that level range.

That's why those who box 2-3 are irrelevant and the extreme minority who Box 4-6 really don't inhibit your gameplay at all.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kind of like Vmas from OGC with his group of mage boxes?
/shrugs

Vmas hasn't been on a raid in over a month, not sure if he has logged on. I remember he had some mages, I don't know how he controlled them. I don't think he brought them to raids. The anti box code disconnects you if it detects multiple simultaneous keystroke coming from accounts logged in with the same ip. This happens sometimes to people who are actually using hands on multiple keyboards. Maybe you can use multiple VPN to get around this but it seems like a lot of work.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If only all the people here that never played Phinigel knew how truly rare this kind of thing is. I've grouped with Vmas on several occasions. He had like 2 or 3 mages he almost always boxed outside group for extra dps in his groups. I'm fairly certain he used something like these:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

one for each of his mages and just had macros to /assist his main and send pet/nuke and just manually tapped each one. I fail to see how this negatively impacts anyone else. Every time I was with him his mages were outside the group so not taking up any potential xp spots for randoms. All it did was give the group some extra dmg. Pickzones prevent complete monopolization of exp zones so its not like he was killing so many mobs with his mages that you couldn't get any mobs in your preferred xp zone. What's the big deal? Seems like a case of "Someone else is playing in a way I don't like CALL THE VIDEO GAME POLICE!"
My post was more about hypocrisy within his own guild than personally caring about how Vmas boxed his toons. So settle down hoss and take your meds. You get easily rustled. I could care less if Vmas was boxing mages in every zone on Phinny.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:26 AM
Banned

EQ isn't a PvP game. Your supposed to beat the game content. It was never intended for everyone playing the game to race to the content at once. Your not supposed to have to beat everyone else to get your sword.

I loved playing on p99 for most of it. But this confusion over EQ as a PvE game wears on me. If instancing makes EQ easy -- then that's because EQ is an easy game. Keeping it "difficult" by cockblocking most the population is a waste of my time.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ isn't a PvP game. Your supposed to beat the game content.
You can apply that to WoW and just about any other MMORPG, and you'd also be wrong. There's no better variable in online gaming than fighting a human opponent.

If you prefer fighting predictable AI in MMOs and MOBAs you're half the gamer you think you are.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ isn't a PvP game. Your supposed to beat the game content. It was never intended for everyone playing the game to race to the content at once. Your not supposed to have to beat everyone else to get your sword.

I loved playing on p99 for most of it. But this confusion over EQ as a PvE game wears on me. If instancing makes EQ easy -- then that's because EQ is an easy game. Keeping it "difficult" by cockblocking most the population is a waste of my time.
woke. the nerds want to play PvE as a PvP game, it was never designed that way.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 05-13-2017, 07:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Intelligent and concise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:13 PM
Sarnak

the word rustled is so trendy on these forums *puke* lol no i really did just throw up. But to stay on topic...i cant wait too see all the fools hyping this up rush back to p99 after realizing the revamped shit is garbage :P
Closed Thread