Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 03:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From the Agnarr FAQ:

"Q: I Died But All of My Items Stayed With Me. Is This a Bug?

No, you no longer have to find your corpse in order to retrieve your items if you die. If you are level 6 or above, though, you did lose experience and you can be resurrected to restore a portion of that experience."

Curious changes indeed....
"I'm playing for nostalgia, what about you guys?"
"Yeah, nostalgia"
Old 05-17-2017, 03:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No new servers allowed btw
sad but true. not without express permission, which is very unlikely to ever be granted.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 05-17-2017, 04:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From the Agnarr FAQ:

No, you no longer have to find your corpse in order to retrieve your items if you die. If you are level 6 or above, though, you did lose experience and you can be resurrected to restore a portion of that experience."

You also don't have to re-mem spells upon death. I suggest if you go there you may want a small whip so you can self-flog yourself to counter-balance such time-saving unclassic implements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:20 AM
Sarnak

I was really looking forward to this server but the zone changes are enough to keep me away, the commonlands, ro, oasis, and freeport all give me eyeball cancer of the utmost degree. not to mention the exp is going to be a lot faster etc etc.

dont let anyone shit you, this is NOT a classic experience, it is modern EQ that just limits what zones you can go to, now this is not necessarily a bad thing but it is a far cry from what P99 offers, even on the "true box " servers ive seen people with groups of 3 or 4 boxed mages just steam rolling shit which is also a pretty big turn off.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeatee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was really looking forward to this server but the zone changes are enough to keep me away, the commonlands, ro, oasis, and freeport all give me eyeball cancer of the utmost degree. not to mention the exp is going to be a lot faster etc etc.

dont let anyone shit you, this is NOT a classic experience, it is modern EQ that just limits what zones you can go to, now this is not necessarily a bad thing but it is a far cry from what P99 offers, even on the "true box " servers ive seen people with groups of 3 or 4 boxed mages just steam rolling shit which is also a pretty big turn off.
cause p99 is totes classic. i remember absolutely everyone back on live in the day farming snare hammers and lining up to fte race a mob for a set time engangement without anyone disturbing your attempt. open world raiding back in the day was totes a snowflake safe space where you simply petitioned and waited 3 weeks to see if you got loot
Old 05-17-2017, 12:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
From the Agnarr FAQ:

That's awesome. Free translocate to binds for melee classes.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeatee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I assure you, at no point during the last thousand posts in the half dozen agnarr-related threads did *anyone* at *any* time make the claim agnarr was going to be a classic experience.

Quote:
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's awesome. Free translocate to binds for melee classes.
It's a solid way to punish Barbarian melee and any human who decides to start in Qeynos forever, too!

Quote:
Old 05-18-2017, 02:05 AM
Fire Giant

Well, both sides are pretty silly, since Agnarr would technically be 'p99 for people on live who want something closer to p99' more than something to actively replace p99.

So if the anti- crowd wants to make the argument that it doesn't belong on these forums, thats really valid. Since p99 would be a fairly dumb place to try and recruit from.

Then there are the true purists, the ones who only play p99 cuz Eqclassic.org isn't *cough* quite ready on the release date just yet. So even p99 is only classic from a certain point of view, too... if you really get down to the brass tax of it lol.

Quote:
Old 05-18-2017, 10:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
brass tax
that brass tax is a killer for the tuba industry
Closed Thread