Default Hardcore

http://gucomics.com/comic/?cdate=20100816
Old 08-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Sarnak

LOL so true [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Kobold

6hrs hahaha!

One of the most unhardcore things about WoW raiding is if you wipe it takes you what, 5 minutes to get back and everyone rebuffed?
Groot - 21 Human Monk
Urso - 21 Dwarf Cleric
Bofric - 20 Dwarf Rogue
Dauthi - 15 Iksar Shadow Knight
Old 08-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

That's great!

So - Wonder how sleeper will get handled here once Velious goes live...
Old 08-17-2010, 12:05 PM
Banned

I was reading about the new WoW expansion. Apparently the devs think the raiding game has been too hard and want to make all the Cataclysm raids (3-6 or however many mobs in the instance) completable in under an hour or two.

Should just turn all the raid mobs into chests imo.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Banned

People keep bashing WoW (I'm not a big fan either), but I'd like to see all of the haters make their own guild in WoW from scratch and succeed at a technical raid encounter like Kel'Thuzad or C'Thun at the original gear/content level. The hardest thing in EQ Velious is probably Avatar of War (Vulak isn't that bad, and Kerafyrm has no loot table.) Which can be compared to basically Golemagg in difficulty.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchybottom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People keep bashing WoW (I'm not a big fan either), but I'd like to see all of the haters make their own guild in WoW from scratch and succeed at a technical raid encounter like Kel'Thuzad or C'Thun at the original gear/content level. The hardest thing in EQ Velious is probably Avatar of War (Vulak isn't that bad, and Kerafyrm has no loot table.) Which can be compared to basically Golemagg in difficulty.
But it's just a question of talking enough people with a high enough gear score into your guild so you can just steamroll it all while mages tank because they start spamming spells to make sure the DPS meter's high enough to keep them in the guild, right?

Not bashing - but WoW's all about DPS, Gear Score, blah - it's a game of numbers. Even PvP - arena ratings... etc..

Get to level 80 in 3 weeks then spend 3 years getting gear. Wasn't for me... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sadly... I liked a lot of the lore, mechanics in some ways, the world itself was fine, the classes too. But I never, ever had a desire to play the level 80 numbers game. I wasn't even interested in getting to 80 so much. It's not that I couldn't by any means, my son took over my 56 Pally and took a DK to 80. I eventually leveled a Rogue up to 62 or something, but just couldn't keep an interest in it for some reason, even though I did like the PVP to a point.
Last edited by Overcast; 08-17-2010 at 12:24 PM..
Old 08-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not bashing - but WoW's all about DPS, Gear Score, blah - it's a game of numbers. Even PvP - arena ratings... etc..
That's any MMO though. Everything in EverQuest (and World of Warcraft) is simply get better gear, tank, and spank. Fail? Get more numbers. That's just the way these games are designed. It wasn't until PoP that EverQuest became a pain in the ass raid-wise.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Aviak

Its almost apples to oranges to compare the two. Every fight in EQ was a gear check since complex scripting was not even considered in the SoV world. Hell, think about Molten Core encounters. Almost all the tricks we see in that instance had already been done 2 years earlier in Planes of Power.

By the time AQ had came out, we were already looking at OoW, DoN, and I think even DoDH encounters. Did you ever do Overlord Mata Muram? Vishimtar the Fallen? Dreadspire?

Can you really compare content that was released by Verant (this was the last expansion with the Verant name) in 2000 with content released by Blizzard in early 2006?
Old 08-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchybottom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's any MMO though. Everything in EverQuest (and World of Warcraft) is simply get better gear, tank, and spank. Fail? Get more numbers. That's just the way these games are designed. It wasn't until PoP that EverQuest became a pain in the ass raid-wise.
You're right... I guess maybe it's more the WoW community that has such a 'focus' on it more than anything, whereas EQLive - not so much..

After PoP it did become more like that though.

EQ was best when it didn't give you half the numbers. That made it a lot more interesting. There's too much focus on 'this number does this and that' - in general.

There should be questions like: which is better, STA or AGI? With both being viable. The 'cookie-cutterness' of many games just drives me mad.