Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 10:32 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Dungeon Camps??

Is there any thread or anywhere explaining known camps in dungeons? I was told all mobs in Kurn's are "FFA", but had no way of verifying this and no GM responded to my /petition.

Sorry if this is written somewhere obvious, I know no one likes "that" guy!

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2018, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

What were you trying to camp? If you stay in a room and keep all the spawns down and someone comes into your room and takes your mob, that's not cool. If you start roaming around you risk losing your camp and that's what most people do in Kurns.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I was soloing the top floor throne room and hallway and a group came and literally took all the mobs. I was under the impression that the top floor was the only "known" camp in Kurns, but like I said, had no where to confirm this and thus no leg to stand on lol.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

First off, kudos for heading to Kurns-- sweet zone and awesome ZEM! Stock up on those bonechips. In terms of dungeons, I'm no expert but here's what I've personally experienced:

If I'm (solo or group) trying to "hold down a room," I make sure that all of those mobs in that room are killed within 1-2 minutes *at-most* of spawning. Ideally, you jump on the mobs within 20-30 seconds of them spawning.

Otherwise, if someone else in the zone is trying to pull baddies for their group and encounters "your" room full of mobs, they're likely to assume you're AFK and/or simply not trying to hold the room and will pull mobs accordingly.

Kurns is definitely more of a "mad house" in my experience (dungeon-wise) when compared to many other dungeons that have several specific camps or rooms with named mobs that people can claim and hang-out for a while. So, I wouldn't let Kurns dictate your opinion on p99 dungeons as a whole.

Again, I'm no expert but my buddies have been forcing me into dungeon crawls lately. Happy hunting!
Old 10-24-2018, 12:03 PM
Sarnak

You can establish a camp but it’s mostly bound to what you can see in your Line of Sight. If you are killing mobs as they spawn it will be hard for people to take “your” mobs. Sounds like you weren’t keeping your camp clean. Also, most noob zones like Kurn’s are populated with you guessed it noobs that are oblivious to the rules anyways. People respect camps more in the higher level zones like Lower Guk, Karnors and Sebilis.

Bottom line: Protect your camp.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Damn baby made me AFK and I did have a few re-pops so I see your point for sure. I guess more than anything I am looking for somewhere to verify actual "camps" in dungeons, but I suppose they will make more sense once I do get into those higher level zones. Thanks for all the help guys!
Old 10-24-2018, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

The basic rule is that if you're outdoors you can camp a single spawn point. You can camp more than that, but if someone comes along and wants to share you then have to pick one of the spawn points you're camping and let the new guy have one. Any remaining spawn points are "FTE (First to Engage)" (whoever aggroes them first gets them).

Indoors it's always at least that, but then also the staff often allows a group of mobs to be camped by a single person or group (which almost always have to be in line of sight of each other). But even then, not always (eg. The Crypt in Sebilis is usually considered a camp of four mobs, but if there's competition the staff will often let one player take one of those mobs as a single camp).

There is no list of camps anywhere, on purpose. The staff hates the idea of consistent rulings because it would make their life more difficult (every time a staff member made a ruling they'd have to add it to a "rules book" somewhere, then every time before another staff member could make a ruling they'd have to check that book). Or at least that's my understanding of why.

The only record of camp rulings (or any staff rulings) that I know about is the camp's section of the wiki's Rulings page, and as you can see it's extremely sparse (it only has a ruling on HHK basement).

So in short, at the very least you had the right to claim one of the mobs for yourself, let the group pick six other mobs (assuming they have six people) and then race for the rest. If a staff member had showed up they likely would have let you claim more than just the one as a camp (eg. they might have given you all of the throne room, but probably not the hallway since it's out of line of sight). However, there's no way to know for sure until a particular staff member makes a particular ruling for a particular moment.

Regardless you did the right thing by petitioning, and it sounds like you were just unlucky to have a rude group take your spot when there happened to not be a staff member on.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-24-2018 at 12:19 PM..
Old 10-24-2018, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

Kurns is not an outside zone, it’s classified as a dungeon, so your example does not apply to this situation.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

I can’t really help lawyer quest, I don’t know enough about it. I will say that since playing a new character through* to 23 these last couple weeks I have noticed a startling increase in douchey behavior that I don’t remember existing back when I levelled my main.

Edit: Spelling
Old 10-24-2018, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kurns is not an outside zone, it’s classified as a dungeon, so your example does not apply to this situation.
C'mon man, at least read to the second paragraph:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indoors it's always at least that, but ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread