Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 12-13-2023, 01:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
31/tick (demi lich) + 21/tick (max meditate at 58) = 52/tick.
Bone bracelet of condemnation = 15 second cast for a 500DD which gives it an opportunity cost of 104 mana (2 ticks) at least.
Deflux = 3 second cast so you won't miss a tick if you're able to sit down (if you aren't, a 15 second cast isn't going well for you either) at 198 mana.

I think the bone bracelet would be incredibly good on any class that's not necro or enchanter. Mana 'free' but extremely long casting DDs feel less useful on a class that already swims in mana. That's just my opinion though, I'm not even 60 yet. I bet it's very nice while leveling since it's just a better JBB. Happy to reconsider if someone with more experience has used it at higher levels. Keep in mind that it's a 0 resist mod nuke though.
You only want to count the difference between sit and stand; you aren't losing lich mana. So call it ~20/tick mana from not medding and ~6/tick hp from not sitting (Iksar 50+ value). 2 ticks lost compared to a deflux, so only ~40 mana and ~12 hp -- which puts you +158 mana compared to casting deflux if you didn't need the hp. 2.5 ticks on average compared to just medding through, assuming you don't time the cast with your ticks, so ~50 mana / ~15 hp cost in general.

I recently got one on my necro that I haven't had a chance to play with but I'm looking forward to it. I'm not sure how well I'll be able to work it into fear kiting (will mobs still be in los and casting range in 15s?), but I've had times charming or grouping (if they can accept the illusion) where it would have been useful.
Old 12-13-2023, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

Oh yeah, you're right, duh. Shows what I know. Yeah it seems nice in a group where a mob is tanked or something.
Old 12-13-2023, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

i mean the stats are pretty damn juicy anyway

but yeah just get Druushk staff and you're done...its so insanely good...god tier if ya got beads
Old 12-13-2023, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

Can't afford to buy a full VP key MQ so just doing the camps like a noob but yeah, that's next on the list after epic (I know necro epic isn't great but I like completing epics)
Old 12-13-2023, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't afford to buy a full VP key MQ so just doing the camps like a noob but yeah, that's next on the list after epic (I know necro epic isn't great but I like completing epics)
Epic sucks. Just get zheart. And I have 11 epics. I just didn’t bother with necro one.
Old 12-14-2023, 07:48 AM
Planar Protector

yeah necro epic is pretty much a waste of time....even more so than any other eq activity
Old 12-14-2023, 12:35 PM
Fire Giant

Getting epics is fun and I've already got most of it, already got zheart, cos, etc etc. Getting vp staff next but I figured it'd be fun to get some key pieces while xping/charming in those areas
Old 12-14-2023, 05:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro clicky fear staff.. used in neriak on trolls and ogres from 53+-60... Fear forever pet dots zzzzz was in trash gear. Weird buggy pathing, was a snooze grind.
Yea I used to have this on live back in the day, was so much fun. To each their own though - it does take forever to cast IIRC.
Old 12-16-2023, 01:46 PM
Aviak

Plug for Words_of_Darkness for instant 'travel lich' that will last when you zone, in addition to being a solid global cooldown item on its own.

Necro planar wands are actually pretty nice. Wand_of_Souls is ~1k in instant lifetaps when full, and Wand_of_Darkness is pretty much just an instant cast epic that you have to recharge.

Staff_of_the_Dreaded_Gaze *is* one of the only ways to reduce the mana cost (increase efficiency) of a fear kiting leveling strategy, but for bigger things like Neze or WW dragons I still find that I have a fear mem'd for when it inevitably breaks early.

Nightshade_Scented_Staff has an (I think?) one-of-a-kind graphic with an Iksar skull? S tier fashion, more-or-less F-tier click.

If you actually play your necro and understand math, Bone_Bracelet_of_Condemnation is amazing. 500dmg in 15s is 200dmg a tick, stacks on top of all your other dots, and only costs your meditation mana (~40 mana, because you don't have to sit to get lich mana). You aren't going to find ways to use it while tanking like you do with a JBB, but you're a necro and you are probably tap tanking for higher DPS anyway.

The Manna_Robe paired with soul well and beads allows for a very active form of mana regeneration where you come out about 15 mana/tick ahead for no net loss of hp as Iksar (just costs your sanity, and you don't get the full 20 on average due to the time it takes to cycle beads + soulwell). Pair it with FT8, GoB, PotG, and bard song, and you are hitting 101 mana/tick on your successful robe ticks.

Abashi%27s_Rod_of_Disempowerment was probably not worth the effort and is a symbol of just how badly I wasted the tail end of my 20's, but what's done is done, I love the lore behind it, and it is actually a unique and valuable effect that you can right click from inventory. Abashi was a GM/dev/whatever who played a PvP necro and tried to fight a wizard, who just instantly pumice-stone'd off his dots - and Abashi proceeded to have poison and disease dot mechanics changed so that they cannot be dispeled. [Source: literally just some EQ apocrypha on the internet]. Bottom line is that you never have to 1v1 something that is hasted, sow'd, DS'd, HP or MR buffed ever again and since it only dispels beneficial effects (buffs), your own dots are safe.

<Aftermath>
Old 12-16-2023, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by noleriand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plug for Words_of_Darkness for instant 'travel lich' that will last when you zone, in addition to being a solid global cooldown item on its own.

Necro planar wands are actually pretty nice. Wand_of_Souls is ~1k in instant lifetaps when full, and Wand_of_Darkness is pretty much just an instant cast epic that you have to recharge.

Staff_of_the_Dreaded_Gaze *is* one of the only ways to reduce the mana cost (increase efficiency) of a fear kiting leveling strategy, but for bigger things like Neze or WW dragons I still find that I have a fear mem'd for when it inevitably breaks early.

Nightshade_Scented_Staff has an (I think?) one-of-a-kind graphic with an Iksar skull? S tier fashion, more-or-less F-tier click.

If you actually play your necro and understand math, Bone_Bracelet_of_Condemnation is amazing. 500dmg in 15s is 200dmg a tick, stacks on top of all your other dots, and only costs your meditation mana (~40 mana, because you don't have to sit to get lich mana). You aren't going to find ways to use it while tanking like you do with a JBB, but you're a necro and you are probably tap tanking for higher DPS anyway.

The Manna_Robe paired with soul well and beads allows for a very active form of mana regeneration where you come out about 15 mana/tick ahead for no net loss of hp as Iksar (just costs your sanity, and you don't get the full 20 on average due to the time it takes to cycle beads + soulwell). Pair it with FT8, GoB, PotG, and bard song, and you are hitting 101 mana/tick on your successful robe ticks.

Abashi%27s_Rod_of_Disempowerment was probably not worth the effort and is a symbol of just how badly I wasted the tail end of my 20's, but what's done is done, I love the lore behind it, and it is actually a unique and valuable effect that you can right click from inventory. Abashi was a GM/dev/whatever who played a PvP necro and tried to fight a wizard, who just instantly pumice-stone'd off his dots - and Abashi proceeded to have poison and disease dot mechanics changed so that they cannot be dispeled. [Source: literally just some EQ apocrypha on the internet]. Bottom line is that you never have to 1v1 something that is hasted, sow'd, DS'd, HP or MR buffed ever again and since it only dispels beneficial effects (buffs), your own dots are safe.
Oh man I always wondered how many necros had abashi. Prob a lot of butt hurt monks on that one, gg tho lol.