Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-20-2023, 08:09 PM
Banned

There's code on TAKP that prevents you from boxing more than 3.

I hope they don't drug test you.
Old 03-20-2023, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's code on TAKP that prevents you from boxing more than 3.

I hope they don't drug test you.
yeah there definitely isn't anything other than IP blocking, you can totally hotspot or vpn 4-5-6 bots, i've seen it done many times, but never saw them again after my reports.

its the same people that are blatantly running scripts and claiming their gf is playing the other 3 toons

i'll never understand why people go to all the trouble of breaking boxing rules on p99 or anywhere when they are gonna get banned eventually, why waste all that time? It can't be a challenge like hacking where you get to test your skills against other software devs, you just log in boxes on multiple connections and run MQ2, no skills no challenge, you just play until you get caught and banned, so stupid.

I really love this thing TAKP devs are rumored to do, which is to allow the rule breaker to play until they actually get stuff done, max level, dozens of AAs, good gear etc, THEN they ban the player.
Old 03-20-2023, 10:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah there definitely isn't anything other than IP blocking, you can totally hotspot or vpn 4-5-6 bots, i've seen it done many times, but never saw them again after my reports.

its the same people that are blatantly running scripts and claiming their gf is playing the other 3 toons

i'll never understand why people go to all the trouble of breaking boxing rules on p99 or anywhere when they are gonna get banned eventually, why waste all that time? It can't be a challenge like hacking where you get to test your skills against other software devs, you just log in boxes on multiple connections and run MQ2, no skills no challenge, you just play until you get caught and banned, so stupid.

I really love this thing TAKP devs are rumored to do, which is to allow the rule breaker to play until they actually get stuff done, max level, dozens of AAs, good gear etc, THEN they ban the player.
IP exemptions are a big problem in both communities. They're clearly being abused, P99 raid rules just make it more profitable to do.

Remanded and order to review with strict scrutiny. Raiders do not have wives, at least I hope they don't. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-20-2023, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IP exemptions are a big problem in both communities. They're clearly being abused, P99 raid rules just make it more profitable to do.

Remanded and order to review with strict scrutiny. Raiders do not have wives, at least I hope they don't. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah offering IP exemptions might be a mistake to begin with, when other connection options are so widely available.

i feel like the abusers are going to be emboldened by the idea of IP exemption, and folks playing on the same connection are so crazy rare when compared to the rest of the player base, those few people who live with other p99 players definitely understand hotspots and VPNs

you'd think they solved this issue with that data mining file p99 requires, but given that the problem still exists, its more proof that p99 is collecting data for other purposes

they are most likely giving our player data to darkpaw so they can figure out what EQ players like and keep their krono cash rolling.
Old 03-21-2023, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

I love these Red99 recruitment threads
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-21-2023, 12:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One time I snared a bard that was AE dot kiting and it made me laugh out loud 😂
LOL! Red 1, Blue 0.
Old 03-21-2023, 01:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love these Red99 recruitment threads
whats red99?

sounds like a brand of chewing tobacco
Old 03-21-2023, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If TakP could learn the value of single boxing, I'd imagine P99's population would plummet overnight.

But ... they never will [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nope. Some people don't get it. They want a game, not an online world. I understand. But, I never last long in boxed environments.

Kills my immersion.I need that immersion, baby.
Old 03-21-2023, 11:21 AM
Kobold

You lost me at the first 5 words Jesus
Old 03-21-2023, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

This shit is instanced on Teal. Git gud u skrubs.